Last Hurrah

• Ben Brettingen
    Mississippi

With all of this ice fishing talk ramping up and with the forecasted temps for the coming weeks signaling a potentially early start to the 2014-2015 ice filming season, I feel the need to get some work done! And when I say work, I mean put some antlers on the dirt!

Currently headed out on a solo mission to notch my Sodak tag. Sounds like 30 mph winds tomorrow will make life a little harder but I’m going to try and cover some miles on foot trying to put the slip on a Muley. I think I can relate to an addict, I can’t get these stupid 4 legged critters out of my head!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Solo trips are lonely. I will be taking one soon chasing pheasants but at least I have my dog to keep me company! Good luck.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Good Luck Ben

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Hunt hard my friend! We’d all love to see you stick that mulie you’ve been daydreaming about!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

It was windy today for sure. The bucks are just starting to chase. Grunted/rattled a couple last night. Passed a nice cull buck this AM. Too many sits left to compromise. Good luck!!!

Ben Brettingen
    Mississippi

Last morning out here and I think I sealed the deal on my first muley. It wasn’t a stud but I couldn’t be more happy! It was a long shot, 55 yards after waiting for nearly an hour for him to stand up in the brush. Sent one right where I needed it and hit like a ton of bricks! Going to give it a couple hours! Good blood though!!

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20141106_092336.jpg

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Atta’ boy! I know you were going back and forth about making the trip alone. I bet you’re glad you went now! Send pics as soon as you track him down.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Can’t wait to see him.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Congrats. Definitely a good shot placement

Ben Brettingen
    Mississippi

Sorry for the photo delay. I don’t have my computer and I just headed up to Nodak to try and fill my tag up there before the orange army is released today!

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

I feel so sorry for you having to run your butt off from state to state killing deer ) Good luck in Nodak!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.