Landing Traffic At Midnight

• TMF89

Just curious how busy most of the landings get for the midnight opener? We’d probably be heading out of Garrison. Not sure if we should plan on showing up early or not. I’m actually still trying to find a second guy for my boat, all the usual suspects are either busy or already have plans, so there’s a decent chance I might have to do most of the trailering/launching myself. Just trying to get the plan figured out before we get there, thanks!

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Can’t say for sure, but I don’t think it will be too bad based on what I have seen the last couple years.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Agree, should be pretty quiet at midnight. I think your biggest concern will be no dock in the water yet. That and a rouge chunk of ice floating around out there.

What area of the lake were you considering? Might be worth the $10 ramp fee at a resort with a harbor.

-J.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

And every block of wood left on the ice is still drifting around.

Midnight’s usually aren’t busy anywhere. Certainly less than daytime.

Hilltopper
    LaCrosse, WI

A local on the west side of the lake told me today, two miles of ice pushed up against the west bank.

TMF89

Well as of now we’re going to try that north end crankbait bite. I was originally planning on going out of Garrison, but Red Door is a little more central, so they might be in the cards. I figured it’s usually pretty slow up there, but I didn’t want to show up and see a long line, either!

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

You’ll be fine. I’m guessing you may even see Will up in that area.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.