Monday Walleye report

• John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

After two pretty good days of fishing over the weekend, I just couldn’t help bailing out of work at 1:00 and hitting the lake again. Even though I kicked whiskerkev out of my boat, I had to let him back in so I had a boat partner today. He’s pretty good at blowing off work.

We started pulling lead core as that had been working well over the weekend. We picked up 2 fish on the first two passes, both big slimers. The only picture I took today was of Kevin’s pike, which was a little bigger than mine. After the pike action, I managed an 18 inch walleye and then shortly after, an 18 inch sauger. Then that bite died, or at least we got bored with the spot.

We changed gears and hit an area of shallow rock that has always held fish for me this time of year and we weren’t disappointed. We trolled the smallest size of shad rap through 5 to 7 feet of water. We managed 4 19 inch walleyes, along with about 10 short fish, all coming from about a 100 yard stretch.

The weather was fantastic, and my boat partner kept the wise cracks to a minimum. Well, at least a minimum for him, which was probably a lot of work.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Nice report & nice slimmer!

Whiskerkev
    Madison

It was a good day to be off and on the water. Jon did a pretty good job of switching gears when our initial game plan wasn’t coming off with a quick bite. I’ve fished with quite a few people who are unable to do this and show consistency. I shouldn’t say that though knowing his ego is already bigger than his tuna boat.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

It was a good day to be off and on the water. Jon did a pretty good job of switching gears when our initial game plan wasn’t coming off with a quick bite. I’ve fished with quite a few people who are unable to do this and show consistency. I shouldn’t say that though knowing his ego is already bigger than his tuna boat.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.