Saturday walleye report

• John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Made it out today for the better part of the day. It was a tough day for the most part, but there were a couple short feeding windows that allowed me to put some fish in the boat. I picked up 6 walleye today, all of which were slot fish, some white bass, and a flathead. All the walleyes and the flathead were caught pulling shad raps on lead core, with 15 – 17 FOW being the best depth I could find. I managed to get pictures of a few of them, but I was fishing alone, and was trying to use the timer on the camera while positioning it on the dash. Took me a while to get the correct angle figured out, so two of the pictures I took didn’t have the fish in them.

Anyway, of the 6 I caught, 2 were a hair under 6 pounds, one taping out at 24.5 and the other at an even 25. The rest were all around 22 or 23 inches. I have no idea which fish are which in the pictures, but I’m pretty sure the one where you can’t see the tail was the 25 incher.

Was good to be able to spend the day on the water. Heading out again in the morning. Hopefully, it will be a good morning.

DrewH
    s/w WI.

Good job of fishing there my friend.

netman
    Wisconsin

Atta boy John,looks like that lead core is treatin you right.Hey don’t forget about your Mom tomorrow,take her fishing for mothers day ,maybe-maybe not.We need to hook up sometime and you can show me some water up that way or vise versa,again Congrats.

netman
    Wisconsin

Is that a tub of ballweg jelly i see.

burnswas
    lake city mn

not a bad day

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

Gotta love the smelly jelly!

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Quote:

Quote:

Gotta love the smelly jelly!

I’ve converted a lot of people into believers. Four new ones after that Redwing trip this spring!

Nice fish John. Looks like your doing pretty good with that lead core!

netman
    Wisconsin

(Chant)SMEELY JELLY,SMELLY JELLY,SMELLY JELLY

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.