Boog’s “Half Tail” Walleye

• Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Whenever I or a client has popped a big walleye in the past, I always try to get out and hit the area again. Many times it will pay off with another good one. That has been driving me nuts this week at work. Yesterday I left a little early, hooked up the boat and headed out to the lake.
    This is the result of that short, late afternoon trip.
    My new personal best walleye from Lake Wisconsin put up one heck of a fight and hit the tape at 30-1/2 inches long. She was released after a couple pitures.
    I would love to hear about it if anyone else ends up catching her. She has a pretty distinct tail which doesn’t seem to affect her ability to put up a great fight.

Boog

stuart
    Mn.

Very nice,should be able to reconize her next time she is cought.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Boog !!!!!!!

She is a MONSTER !!!

I’ll let you know if she makes it all the way down to the Mississippi !!

Congrats Buddy !!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

The “Can Opener”!

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Great fish Boog. It’ll be interesting to hear if someone else catches her. Great job.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

The “Can Opener”!

I agree

Nice fish Joel

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Awesome Walleye Joel.

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Spectacular fish Joel

Definitely a unique fish, she wouldn’t be hard to identify. A guy can only wonder what she would have tipped the scales at a few weeks ago.

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Heck of a fish Boog, what did she hit?

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Sweet! Great Job Joel

guideschoice
    UP of Michigan

I still plan on getting out with you and watching you do a repeat on this one. Great fish to be caught again.

DrewH
    s/w WI.

Awesome.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Wow! What do you think she weighed full of eggs Boog! I’m with Al on his reply…lets definitely get down there this season!

netman
    Wisconsin

Het Boog, nice eye.I didn’t know you liked sushi and there are better parts of the fish to bite into instead of the tail.Dewey and i went smallie fishing and ’em.I’ll try to post pics,he has photo’s. Again,sssssweet eye.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Very nice fish Joel. That’s a sow.

That better be your new avatar in the next couple days.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Give me the GPS coords, bait used, time, etc. and I’ll let you know if I catch her again…. Nice fish, Joel. Must be nice to be so close to that fishery to be able to launch for a few hours after work.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Thanks guys!

As for the technique used to catch her, I can’t divulge that at this time. My buddy has a local tournament here next weekend and if I were to say anything about how she was caught, well, I could kiss that source good-bye.

As for how much she weighed, I weighed her on my new hand held spring scale that I bought last year just in case we ever crossed paths with another monster catfish. She bottomed out at eleven pounds.

I did consider weighing her on the digital scale I carry in my boat but since that one weighs everything at 17lbs, well…. Not sure anyone here would have believed that.

What would she have weighed full of eggs? I don’t know but sure would like the opportunity to weigh her on my digital scale next March!

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Quote:

What would she have weighed full of eggs? I don’t know but sure would like the opportunity to weigh her on my digital scale next March!

You, me, and everyone else on IDO would love to weigh her. Thanks for sharing her with us…

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Very nice fish, and way to go on the release!

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Nice fish

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Sweet fish Joel!

Jami

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.