short outing after work

• John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Hit the lake for a couple hours after work. A co-worker of mine was in the mood to spend a little time on the water. After the slow moving low pressure system finally vacated the area last night, I wasn’t sure much would be happening, but it was better than staying at work. Only manage to boat one walleye. It came off a bottom bouncer rod pulling a red Mustad slow death hook and half a crawler. i had it out while dragging jigs just to see if another option would produce anything. I was in the middle of tying a new jig on my other rod so asked my buddy to reel it in as it didn’t look like too big a fish when it hit. Turned out to be just a bit over 24″ and quite healthy, and now ranks as Jacob’s new personal best for walleye. Attached is a picture. Aside from that, I saw one other boat land one of very similar size, and we managed about a 20 # buffalo on a crank bait. Pretty tight lipped fish for the most part.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Still a nice day to be on the lake. Which is better than the alternative. (working)
    Jack

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Nice walleye. Ones better than none!

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Nice fish
    Is that a female on the rebound or a big male?

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

Nice fish
    Is that a female on the rebound or a big male?

I’m pretty sure it was a post spawn female. But I didn’t ask.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

nice work. Not quite 9.6 but still a nice fish.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.