Draggin Jigs on Lake Wisconsin

• Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

This past weekend was one tough bite. We did get a hot tip from mendotaeye & Whisker Kev about a good dragging bite on the upper end of the lake early Saturday afternoon. Unfortunately, by the time we got there, the feeding window appeared to have been slammed shut.

1/8oz jigs dragged through 8-10′ feet of water though some of the snaggiest dang rocks on the entire lake. Yup, we donated a few and spent quite a bit of time turning the boat around to get jigs out of snags. No idea why I didn’t go straight for the “Draggin Jigs” from B’Fish’N Tackle right off the bat.

Sunday morning, we gave it another try. This time, the Draggin Jigs came out of the box. The bite was still slow but we did manage two decent fish. Jimmy caught a nice 24″ spawned out female on a fathead minnow & I caught a skinny 23.5″ male on a 1/8oz Draggin Jig tipped with a ringworm.

With the “Draggin Jigs” , we didn’t have to turn around at all. We did get stuck every once in awhile, but found out quickly that by pulling straight & steady, they all popped out except for one. Sure saved a lot of time not having to turn the boat around to get jigs unsnagged.

I’m already thinking about using these jigs on a few of the jig eaten, lumber infested, sunken humps here on Lake Wisconsin. Places where I learned the hard way that if you put it down there, that’s where it will stay!

Short report cuz other than that, I stunk it up this past weekend!

Sure hope we do better next weekend!

netman
    Wisconsin

Hey Boog, i think everyone has a slice of humble pie once in awhile.Thanks for sharing and it looks like somebody stepped on your rod in the photo(eyelet is almost laying on the rod).

Whiskerkev
    Madison

and believe me. Netman usually has seconds on humble pie.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.