Glen Ellyn, IL

Lake Wisconsin
    September 1-2, 2007
    Darin Roddick-Small

Air Temperature: Low 80’s
    Water Temperature: 70-74
    Water Clarity: Stained
    Skies: Bluebird Skies and light winds from the West

Conditions were tough to say the least. The fish were definitely affected by the high pressure that has been the region for the past couple of days. The fish were in many of the same places, but to say they were in a negative mood would be putting it lightly. Aside from the weather factors, the boat traffic over the holiday weekend did not help, especially with all the boats coming from Madison due to the no wake areas. With that being said, the fish would bite if you were patient enough to work for them. I just wish I had more time to fish to get some bigger bites.

The rule of thumb for my two days was dead-sticking and light weights. Here is what I caught my fish on this past weekend:
    Venom Lures Dream Craws with a 5/0 hook and a 1/8 oz weight
    Brovarney Swim jig crawled across the vegetation
    What seemed to be less important than how this weekend due to the environmental factors I addressed earlier. I expect things to really get going here soon with fall coming into play. The fish I did catch were very healthy and fat. On each of the two days my best five went about 11 ½ pounds, not spectacular, but fun to catch none the less.

Feel free to contact me for further information and please check out Venom Lures and Brovarney Baits to see what I was using.

Tight Lines and God Bless

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.