Wisconsin River?

• darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

Anyone know how the river and the lake is doing? Might be coming up, just wondering what to expect?

Darin

cj_2
    Wisconsin

Upper dells is about 12-18″ higher than it was before the rain. I consider it to be normal summer levels now– Plenty fishable. I assume the further downstream you get, the higher it will be. Especailly with the amount of rain sauk/columbia county has been getting

chamberschamps
    Mazomanie, WI

I haven’t seen it personally, but I know that the access road to my local landing is closed b/c the bridge is out. I live downstream of lake Wisconsin, in Mazomanie.

A coworker says that the river is flowing pretty normal in the upstrem part near portage.

I had a canoe trip planned this weekend but had to cancel b/c the canoe rental place would not rent us canoes. They said the lower wisconsin river is to dangerous right now, and will probally remain that way for the next week or so.

I would think your best bet would be upstream right now. The reservoirs were pretty low, and I think any rain they got just filled em up a little. Hope this helps.

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Went over the wisc.this am.5 miles above where it dumps into the Miss.It is flowing high,swift and very dangerous looking! Not a river to mess with even when it’s flow is normal.Farthest north you can get would be best,Good luck!

darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

Thanks for all the info

Darin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.