Kids On Crappies

• just-fish
    Portage, Wi

I was long overdue for a little fishing trip since I have not been on the water for over a month. I knew this weather had to be getting the crappies reved up so as soon as the kids got off the bus we jumped in the boat and headed out to enjoy a rare warm spring afternoon.

I really thought it would be as easy as falling off a log but not so. We were able to catch about 15 nice crappies for a meal but they were a couple here and a couple there. Females still had eggs which I expected but from the spots I hit it doesn’t appear they have moved up yet. Kind of hard to really search and fish hard with the kids though.

Even though it was slower than I wanted the kids had a great time and told there mom “It was awesome, we caught a ton of crappies”
    I have to admit that felt pretty good.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

That IS awesome, hats off to all parents that get their kids out fishing. Seeing there excitement is very rewarding. My girls are 22 & 23 and have always fished. They handle the bait and clean them as well, really cool!

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Great pics with great smiles. Hats off to you Dad.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Nice. Watching kids catch fish is more fun than catching them yourself.

just-fish
    Portage, Wi

Quote:

No doubt about it. If I would have read your post before going out we probably would have been walleye fishing though. Talked to Gary last night on the way in also and I have to say you walleye guys are making it hard to concentrate on crappies.

Art Green
    Brookfield,WI

Quote:

I could not agree more. My daughter talks about our fishing trips for weeks after ward and cannot wait for the next trip, and she is only about to turn 4!

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

Quote:

No doubt about it. If I would have read your post before going out we probably would have been walleye fishing though. Talked to Gary last night on the way in also and I have to say you walleye guys are making it hard to concentrate on crappies.

The bite is so good right now, even BK could catch walleyes out there.

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Looks like a great time, and the Kids are all smiles. Keep it up, nothing beats spending time with your kids.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Looks like the kids had a great time with those crappies.
    Very nice! Definitely a great way to spend the day and everyone gets a fish fry out it as well.

just-fish
    Portage, Wi

Good to hear from you Joel, I was starting to get worried about you. Fishing has been good for me here recently and we were able to do better on Crappies this last Saturday as well.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.