Finally starting to see a decent bite

• John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

After a brutal bite on Saturday, which I attributed to a 14 degree drop in the water temp in 2 days, 50 degree highs in May, and 40mph winds, I decided to shoot out for a quick prospecting trip after work. I had hopes that a couple days of somewhat stable weather would turn the fish on a bit. I had marked a lot of fish on Saturday but couldn’t get them to go. I only had about 1.5 hours of daylight left when I left the launch. Decided to pull cranks so I could cover water and had the first fish hooked up in less than 5 minutes. Snapped a quick picture (sorry for the poor quality but was by myself and in a hurry) of the first fish, that was much better than this picture makes it look. From then on, I was pretty much busy the rest of the time and took no more pictures. In 65 minutes of fishing, I boated 16 walleye and one sauger. Two slot fish of 23 and 24 inches, 7 keepers, and the rest shorts. I love the post spawn bite. Bite was good enough for me to decide to skip work tomorrow and spend the morning chasing more fish.

moxie
    Sioux City,IA

That’s awesome!! Missing work for a great day of fishing I save all my sick days for days like that!
    Good Luck out tomorrow!

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Bite was solid again this morning for action, but no bigger fish today. 28 fish in around 4 hours. Only 6 were keepers. The rest were short. All fish still swimming and all came on cranks again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.