2012 Lake Wisconsin picture review

• Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Weather, life and work can and will interfere with the number of fishing trips taken on a yearly basis. Success on the water varies year by year as well.
    Despite all that, I find it very hard not to be thankful for another year of accident free, fun filled fishing trips on Lake Wisconsin.
    Here’s a few of the better catches from this past May.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

A slow start on Lake Wisconsin picked up steam in a hurry once June arrived. As is almost always the case, June was once again our best fishing month of the year.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

June saw some nice crappies come over the side of the boat as well.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

June always see’s the greatest number of fish caught per trip.
    This past year saw the beginning of what will be several, very large year classes of walleyes & saugers reaching the legal size limit. Making them eligible for the “Hot Grease Release”.
    Several of the pictures below represent half day trips. Fishing in June was very, very good!

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

I stay away from Lake Wisconsin in July & August. Instead I spend those months chasing salmon & trout on Lake Michigan.
    Come September though, we target primarily crappies, which seem to be making a small come back from when the crappie fishing was nothing short of “Fantastic” just a few years back.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Early October usually means deciding whether to chase walleyes & saugers or continue catching crappies. Often time they will be some of the biggest crappies of the year.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Come mid to late October, the urge to fish for walleyes & saugers becomes to strong to resist any longer. Even if crappies are still biting, seeing other people catching walleyes & saugers while we’re chasing crappies just doesn’t work for me.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

November means walleye & sauger fishing on the Lake. This year our catch was heavy on saugers.

2012 was not one of our best years on Lake Wisconsin, but it was also nowhere near one of our worst either. All in all, I find it very hard to complain about anything.

Happy Holidays!

onestout
    Hudson, WI

It was a good time, dad said he wants to try fishing in out there in October so I’ll be watching your reports or sending a PM to see whats going on.

Art Green
    Brookfield,WI

Is it spring yet? The ice just arrived and Joel has me wishing it was gone already!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.