onestout catches PB sauger on Lake Wisconsin

• Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Spent yesterday afternoon fishing with Mike Hutter & his dad John. Fishing definitely wasn’t fast & furious but we managed to take six keepers out of 12 fish caught plus this brute sauger that Mike fooled using a chartreuse green core paddletail on a 3/8oz precision jig head.

The sauger measured 22-1/4″ long. I’m guessing it weighed in around 4-1/2lbs.

Chartreuse green core & gold cracker/chart paddle tails were our best plastics yesterday.

Nice to meet and fish with yet another fellow IDO’er.

Special thanks to your dad, John Hutter. He showed some exceptionally quick reaction abilities when he snared one of my St. Croix Avids out of mid-air before it landed in Lake Wisconsin. Totally my fault. I was trying to hand him the rod, reaching behind me and not paying attention to whether or not he actually had a hold of it before letting it go. I’m not sure I can move that fast anymore but sure am glad you dad can.

Thanks again Mike & John!
    It was fun fishing with you two.

Joel “Boog” Ballweg

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

one more shot of onestouts pig sauger.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Nice Fish Guys!!

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Really cool

Hope you taught him a thing or 2 Joel

I was wondering why he wasn’t bugging me to go fishing this weekend

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

That’s an awesome sauger. Might even earn a Saug-zilla label.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

I grew up near there and never really fished the lake much but I don’t think it had the fishing that it has today. With fish like that I need to get out there more often.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.