Night fishing on Lake Wisconsin

• Art Green
    Brookfield,WI

I had a bad day at work yesterday and needed some stress relief so I took a spur of the moment 90 mile drive to Lake Wisconsin for some late day/night fishing. The fish were cooperative on jig and plastics. I finished the trip with three fat keeper sauger. Black jigs with glow eyes and pb and jelly moxies were the ticket once darkness fell for my keepers.(which,by the way, comes way,way, way to fast now). Blade baits were working well on the short fish when I first arrived as well. It was definitely worth the trip. I will have to give it a go again Friday.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

Pretty cool. Never really heard much about anyone doing a lot of fishing here at night. I’m like 125 miles away, but sure wish I was closer. I did pretty well in a short window this past Friday with a hair jig and minnow before sunset… the short window as I couldn’t get away from the crappie fishing during the day.

I’ll be out all day Friday…. starting for crappie, and hopefully forcing myself to chase the saugers sooner this time. Blue and silver Lund Fisherman 1700 with a 115 Yam on the back. Say hello if you make it.

Nice catch!

Chuck

Chuck

jmarksman
    Chequamegon Bay Apostle Islands, WI

Nice catch! nothing like giving a few eye’s a bad day!

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Nice catch Art!

Those are some good looking saugers.

Art Green
    Brookfield,WI

This was my first time night fishing Lake Wisconsin. Luckily I have had some very good instruction on fishing this lake from Joel. Thanks!
    I will keep an eye out for you Cycle Guy. I’ll be in a tan and white smokercraft with a 90 Merc.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.