Lake Winnipeg

• DMHEID
    Bismarck, ND

We stayed in Petersfield and used Werner Road. Not many people were using it and after three days of bouncing for 6 miles, I don’t know if I’ll use the west side again. That is some ridiculously rough ice. However the tracked Chevy Tracker worked like a charm and provided a very warm and comfortable ride back and forth.

We got back on Monday (31Jan). In our group of four, we had a 26, 27, 27.5 and a 29. About half from our haul last year. There’s more 16″ fish in that system than I’ve ever seen elsewhere. We didn’t catch one fish between 18 and 25 so I’m guessing the netting is taking a toll on the medium sized fish.

Tomasz Burlaga

use 8 to 10 lbs ice braid. sufix 832 or power pro and 3 foot florocarbon leader

Tbone

Having never been to Winnipeg can anyone tell me if there’s enough parking at some of these landings mentioned? We plan on going in March and I don’t want to park on the ice. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Craig Kilber

Im heading up this Friday, does it pay to bring a 4-wheeler up there or am I able to drive my truck around?

Thanks!

Bigwalleye30
    MN

Having never been to Winnipeg can anyone tell me if there’s enough parking at some of these landings mentioned? We plan on going in March and I don’t want to park on the ice. Any info is greatly appreciated.

If you’re thinking of going out on the west side in March, you’ll be parking on the ice. Not sure how the East side is though at that time of year.

busse3775
    Fargo, ND

Im heading up this Friday, does it pay to bring a 4-wheeler up there or am I able to drive my truck around?

Thanks!

The only benefit of having a wheeler is that you could possibly cross a pressure ridge easier. Otherwise, guys are driving there trucks on with no problem.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.