lake sakakawea

• shawn s

Anyone been doing any good out there yet?

Spencer Haugen

It’s been a good morning bite I’ve herd by tobacco gardens bay I’m going out in the morning and can get back to you after

shawn s

Ok thanks for any info
    Any size to them or all that 15 to 20 range?

Spencer Haugen

Was a decent bite but average size fish anywhere from 15 to 20 inches hit dead sticks they hit more of a blue clam blade spoon then just a regular hook and minnow I missed quite a few before I started landing some best bite was first light to about ten watch the flasher to they are hugging the bottom

disco bobber

What were the ice/snow conditions? Were people driving on?

Spencer Haugen

We have well over fourteen inches people are driving out and very minimal snow if say maybe one to two inches on the ice

shawn s

Does the bite usually get better or does it slow down out there towards the end of the season. I am going to head that way for a long weekend but I need to know if it’s as good as it’s gonna get now or do I got a little time to make a plan and maybe get a buddy to come with.thank you for all the info so far. Greatly appreciate it. Tired of fishing the same old lakes need some new scenery.

Spencer Haugen

This is actually my first year out here I’ll ask around I think it gets better but not 100 percent sure

jim-c
    Minot, ND

The bite has been pretty steady on Lake Sakakawea since we’ve been on the ice. The western half of the lake typically fishes better overall than the east end in that the daily bite window usually is a bit longer. The water tends to have more color as you move west. February and March are good on SAK. I’d say January is typically the slowest month. Best fishing is on structure that you have to yourself. Be careful near shorelines- there are some springs and be mindful of current in the river section near New Town and west. 18-30 FOW has been good lately for walleye in the low light periods. Good Luck!

Jim Carroll NPAA #13

shawn s

Thank you for all the helpful info guys!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.