Lake Pulaski – Buffalo

• Joe Dirty
    Big Lake

Anyone fish here? I am thinking of going there for the first time this weekend. Not looking for waypoints but some general tips on where to look.

David Bollig

Pulaski is a deep spring fed lake that freezes late and unevenly. Buffalo is not 100% safe, Pulaski much later. With the projected snow it will be dangerous.

Bluegill89

Better have your spud bar with and plan on WALKING out. I’ve always heard how dangerous it is, use caution. Definitely fish in there though!

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

With the wind we’ve had, I’d be shocked if there weren’t areas of open water still. I haven’t been by there recently, but a number of similar area lakes have a fair amount of open water. With the snow forecasted, I’d be extremely cautious out there. Never ice fished it, but being a deep clear lake I’d think weed lines on sharp breaks would be a good place to start.

matt

Bring your boat.Except for some slabs of ice floating it was wide open a few days ago cant imagine there been any improvement

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

I’ve never iced fished it, but I’d expect there to be some nice bonus largemouth for anyone who does. The lake has a good population of 3-pounders.

Tony Hanson

“Bring your boat.Except for some slabs of ice floating it was wide open a few days ago cant imagine there been any improvement”

I drove past on Monday and it was just as you said, mostly wide open with a bit of shore ice where the wind wasn’t blowing and breaking it up.

Joe Dirty
    Big Lake

Well it looks like I won’t be fishing there! Thanks for the info guys!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.