Lake Pepin Open this weekend

• woody-1961
    Menomonie,Wi

Pretty sad there is not a post about the Lake Pepin Open tournament that is taking place this weekend Oct 3rd and 4th. This tournament has been going on for years and I guess folks have better things to post or care about these days. Matter of fact the fishing posts have been sliding away for quite some time. So if your looking for something to do this weekend feel free to come out and support the Walleye Searchers Walleye Club and participate if their walleye tournament.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Pretty sad there is not a post about the Lake Pepin Open tournament that is taking place this weekend Oct 3rd and 4th. This tournament has been going on for years and I guess folks have better things to post or care about these days. Matter of fact the fishing posts have been sliding away for quite some time. So if your looking for something to do this weekend feel free to come out and support the Walleye Searchers <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>Walleye Club and participate if their <em class=”ido-tag-em”>walleye tournament.

Best of luck to those going out. This is easily the time of the year I have the least knowledge for fishing Pepin and the rest of Pool 4. Fall is my busiest time of the year with coaching. Fishing goes on the back burner for myself due to other commitments.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Lake Pepin Open tournament that is taking place this weekend Oct 3rd and 4th. This tournament has been going on for years and I guess folks have better things to post or care about these days.

The IDO hog hull tournament is also that weekend. I have never heard of the Pepin Open Tournament. I was on Pepin last weekend and caught everything but walleye. If I would not be at Leech that weekend I would go the IDO Hog Hull. Lots of great people there. It always sucks when so much fun stuff ends up on the same date. But now that I know about it I will keep it in mind for next year.

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Was a TOUGH BITE today for the tourney guys!! The 1st place wait today was only 11.4 lbs. There were a number of weights of only one or two. . rrr

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I don’t do tourneys but was out today and last week. tough is to say the least! tried up at red wing and today on Pepin with everything but walleye. I too have very little time in the fall on Pepin but should be able to this year due to the invisible enemy.
    Any tips send them my way! I know one tip is to wait until the water hits the low 50’s (had 61 today)but they got to be somewhere until then. I been mostly rigging creek chubs but a majority of the bites I been getting were on jigging raps. some of my chubs had some nice gashes on them so I know they are just trying to pull them off. even tried panfish in the marina for an hour or so with not a bite……frustrating but man I love this time of year!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Was a decent bite on pool 2 today. 23.5″ average won our contest. We found walleyes on 7 of the 8 dams we fished. Out of 11 teams only one didn’t fill the card. They where short by one.

Have the LPO results been posted somewhere yet?

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Perhaps I’m wrong in my theories, but the lack of flow and sheer size of Pool 4 has to have fish spread out. The forage out there is impressive when you mark it on electronics this time of year. My guess is we are seeing a perfect storm of plenty of forage, very low flow, and water temps that are still relatively warm for the time of year. Give it a few more weeks and the regulars who work the upper end of Pool 4 from the head of the lake to the dam will be all over fish.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

You ain’t kidding on the bait theory. Just massive clouds out there so big that they throw off the depth on my graph. If you cast into them, you could easily snag em.
    Tom Boley needs to do an October episode on P4. Might do some digging and see if the IDO crew has any recent fall episodes out there.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Tough bite to say the least and yes tons of bait out there. More then I recall seeing in years past. I bet they’re hungry somewhere in that body of water!!!

Attachments:
    1. LPO.jpg

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.