Lake Pepin

• jw55082

Now I’ve got to ask for some boat launch intel as the weekend comes to an end. Heading for Lake Pepin Tuesday or Wednesday.
    Any suggestions/info would be greatly appreciated!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

If and when you get on the lake, stay out of the throttle. Lots of things can be lurking just under the surface that cannot be see. WEAR a life jacket too. They do little good on a seat back or in a compartment.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

If and when you get on the lake, stay out of the throttle. Lots of things can be lurking just under the surface that cannot be see. WEAR a life jacket too. They do little good on a seat back or in a compartment.

Not only that but makes your body easier to find as cold as that water still is won`t take long for hypothermia to set in if worse comes to worse. Hard as hell to try and get back into a boat with a pile of wet clothes on..

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Don’t come from Wabasha! Last Friday 61 going East is closed until 4-24. I imagine they will be doing that entire stretch thru LC going west soon as it is in bad shape. Hoksila has the dock in on MN side. Can you let me know if you are finding some in the lake yet? DM if you choose. Going to take my girl Tuesday but still fishing in Red wing mainly. Good luck…..

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I plan to be out late this week poking around well below Red Wing.

As in years past, I’ll gladly reciprocate reports via PM to anyone who shares reports. I am on the water probably ~20 hours per average week starting now through September.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I plan to be out late this week poking around well below Red Wing.

As in years past, I’ll gladly reciprocate reports via PM to anyone who shares reports. I am on the water probably ~20 hours per average week starting now through September.

Like before, I’ll gladly share too Bucky. I should be out a ton as long as I suddenly am “essential” again? I probably won’t make it to Pepin for another 3 weeks as I still want my best chance at a biggin for now. Heck I may even do some trolling but probably with 3 ways.

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

Bucky or anyone for that matter, Do you guys know a link or how to see historic water levels like those posted on Evert’s home page? For example, what was the water level on June 1st, 2019?

thanks

MN DNR Fisheries – Lake City
    Lake CIty, MN

This link will take you to daily values for the LD3 tailwaters all the way back.

It updates daily.

https://www.mvp-wc.usace.army.mil/data/datadownload/LockDam_03-Tailwater_Elev_1Day_merged-MSL1912.csv

By the way it is a long csv file going back to the 30s so you probably want to open on a computer not a phone. And 6/1/2019 was 680.11 ft

various data sets are available for all the Locks and Dams and other locations as well at this link.
    https://www.mvp-wc.usace.army.mil/Data.shtml

pass0047
    Pool4

Thanks for good info.

Geoffrey

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

Any recent water temps out there on Pepin? thanks

captddh
    Cannon Falls, MN

60-63 yesterday. Fickle bite.

Deuces

Anyone trolling at the head these days?

casey walters
    Mapleton, MN

Last saturday 5-16 got 5 all short was about 15 -20 boats working it don’t think anybody was doing great. Jointed any color worked. Did find a few more with better size in the river yet, but fishing wasn’t great.

shockers
    Rochester

I tried Monday in the wind. That was a bad idea.

No luck. Tried can line. No fish – but to be honest, it was pretty darn hard to control boat in those waves.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.