Lake of the Woods sleeper fishhouse

• Nick Schmitz

Just looking for some advice on where to rent a sleeper fish house from this winter. Which resort to go out of? Best service? Most reasonable rates? Best time to go? Not the smart ass remark of whenever you can go! The wife and 6 year old son will be going so numbers of fish not necessarily size is important. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks Nick

duh queen

Like every fisherman, I’ve got my opinions. Unlike others’, mine are right. whistling
    I’ve been using Arnesen’s for 20 years now and have never been disappointed with their service. The hottest bite is usually the earliest you can safely get out on the ice. It declines from there with a pickup in activity towards the end Feb-early March.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Lots of good options, Arnesen’s is good and take you out in a bomber. If you want a sleeper and the ability to drive your own vehicle out First City Guide service has Ice Castles and LOTW Sleepers probably have the nicest houses. Best time to go is asap after the houses are out, or Feb/March depending on the weather imo.

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

We did the day/night package one year at Zipple Bay. The bunks fold down over the holes making them unusable.

Pretty much defeats the purpose of sleeping on the ice.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.