lake of the woods resorts

• lrott2003
    Wisconsin

What is your favorite lake of the woods resort. I am looking for early ice trip for crappie and walleye.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

@lrott2003

If you want a combo crappie and walleye trip that means you’re looking for a resort up in the NW Angle as crappie are hard to come by down on the south end. You also might consider holding off until midwinter when the crappie fishing starts to peak. Timing a good walleye bite is less difficult as the walleye bite up there throughout the ice season. Not that crappie can’t be caught at early ice up in the Angle but do know that the crappie fishing is best from mid February until the ice is no longer safe for travel which typically happens some time in April most years.

So, that said, Sunset Lodge is fantastic and they cater to guys that want to chase crappie midwinter whereas a lot of resorts really only offer walleye trips. Check them out. http://www.sunsetlodgeresort.com

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I really want to do a early ice outing on LOTW too.
    My wife and I just spent two weeks up on the NW Angle of LOTW and stayed at Sunset Lodge..Now we were up in July but I knew this is where I would come back to for my ice trip.. Like James mentioned the cater to not only the walleye fox but the slab crappie itch some of us get…

Accommodations are very nice weather you choose a cabin or condo. And the lodge has every thing you need !!

Good luck in your adventure and maybe our paths will cross up on the Angle !!

Attachments:
    1. 20140628_211704.jpg

Doug34
    Missouri

Heading up to LOTW in 3 weeks…..been going on this trip now for 4years….been going to Youngs Wilerness Camp for that time and really enjoy it…plenty of options and good food….give it a call…….although ….it might me ruff getting a date this year or the next…it might be booked up

lrott2003
    Wisconsin

James,

Hey thanks for taking the time to reply. I will continue to look into it. I am waiting for a call back from NicK? Anyway mid-winter is fine if that will put me on some 12+ in crappie. Those type of fish are hard to come by around the Black River Falls, WI, area so I am willing to wait?

Do you do any guiding or can you give me a reference for a guide for that type of trip on LOW??

Thanks,
    Lance

Sunset Lodge

Hello from Sunset Lodge! If you’re looking for a nice getaway spot for the winter with excellent fishing, we are the place to go! We have plenty of openings for all winter long at the moment and we would love to have ya! We have all of our houses a short distance from the lodge, and you have the opportunity to catch Walleye, Sauger, Northern Pike, Perch, and Crappie. If you are targeting Crappie only, we do offer Run N’ Gun fishing trips where you would have to be willing to be mobile and fish out of portables. We have snowmobiles for rent, and guides on hand that would show you the spots. If you have any questions about rates or dates available, feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]. If it would be easier for you to call our number is 218-223-8211 and my name is Nick, so go ahead and ask for me!

lrott2003
    Wisconsin

Do you guys have a schedule of upcoming sites for winter shows or do you plan those kind of as the winter goes depending on the bites you hear about. Just curious if your coming into wisconsin again… was wondering too what lake you did that show on when you came to bloomer, wi.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Do you guys have a schedule of upcoming sites for winter shows or do you plan those kind of as the winter goes depending on the bites you hear about. Just curious if your coming into wisconsin again… was wondering too what lake you did that show on when you came to bloomer, wi.

There’s really no way to put together a schedule in advance for our filming season. Mather Nature has scoffed at our attempts to do so in years past so now we just plan things week by week. It can be a bit hair raising at times, never really knowing where we’re going next, but it sure beats cancelling out weeks or even months of planning when conditions fail to come together for us.

I honestly can’t recall the name of the lake we fished near Bloomer. You’ll want to shoot Bryan Myer a message and see if he can recall.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.