Lake of the Woods, into next week???

• toddrun

Well, just got a message from our guide for our LOW trip this Sunday to next Wednesday. Houses are off Adrian’s road, and he moved them from 16-18 miles out, in to about 2 miles out from Pine Island. Lots of water and soft ice, he stated. He said he is kind of 50/50 on whether he may cancel our trip all together, going to depend on how the road holds up Saturday into Sunday. Not what I wanted to here, that along with bad bite reports over the past week and a half.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

60 on Sunday and 65 Monday is not going to help you either. I would call it done and get the boat ready for he river next week.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

Not that it will make the difference but the forecast for Baudette is not for 60-65° temps. That’s for 300 miles south of there. Looking like high 40’s to 50° up there.

MNdrifter

I intend on going pike fishing the 20th with my kids for spring break. 🤞

Attachments:
    1. 2A835E19-A16C-457B-8346-D26E678280A3.jpeg

Jason

I will be there all next week, don’t worry I won’t catch them all!😉

tominblaine

My buddy and I just got back yesterday, the main road isn’t that bad it’s mostly at the landing and on either side of the island thats messy, the bite for us 13 miles out in 36′ was slow, we were in portables so we moved around a little not much help, next day we worked from 30’to 28′ and did fairly well, we wanted to get closer to the river but had some difficulty and wished we had a sled to get exactly where we wanted to go but we just made the best of it, thursday we worked the 26′ and got into them real good with a nice mix of walleye and sauger, it went dead between 11-1 then the bite came back, lots of little ones mixed in the the bigger ones but thats part of the deal, for us the bite shut down around 545, all of our fishing was on the east side of the road, if you do go you should be able to get to most places within reason and some decent mapping electronics working the breaks.

Tom

toddrun

Adrian’s road is pretty bad now. We were told it is closed. Coming off yesterday, we had to maneuver around the 10′ ice heave on the North side of Pine Island, a real mess. And the island is 2′-3′ of loose sand causing havoc with the wheel houses coming off, after the get around the heave which means driving through 3′ of water. There are some questionable spots on the road itself as well. I went off road many times to avoid nasty looking spots on the main road. Not sure how they are going to fix the heave, lots of houses on the other side of it right now.

KP
    Hudson, WI

Wigwam posted a photo of a truck and Fish House that looked like it was half way sunked in. This has to be one of the earliest season’s the resorts had to shut down the Ice Fishing season.

MNdrifter

Still planning our annual spring break pike trip. I was originally hoping to pull fish house out to the area we fish 4-5 miles out off Springsteel. But looks like we will have to park on shore and wheeler out. I have some less than par smelt left from last years cancelled trip and some premo smelt I bought this year jamming up my freezer. The wife is less than pleased that 75% of the freezer space in the garage refrigerator is filled with stinky smelt. Only logical thing to do is use them!

Attachments:
    1. AB23FC51-7E99-4BDB-BF5E-8B28ECDA769B.jpeg

toddrun

There is still 30″ of ice on LOW, if they can get the roads fixed up with some colder temps, you will have no problem driving out. Morris Points road is in good condition yet.

Jason

There is still 30″ of ice on LOW, if they can get the roads fixed up with some colder temps, you will have no problem driving out. Morris Points road is in good condition yet.

I has been pretty cold up here the last couple of days and I’m still seeing some open water near cracks/breaks and slushy spots here and there. This Saturdays warmup won’t be good for certain areas. I have been all over the lake during the last 5 days.

Picture of my boy from this morning. It filled up the 10″ hole pretty tight.

Attachments:
    1. 20210312_092432.jpg

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.