Lake of the Woods?

• toddrun

Anyone willing to share any recent trends on LOW? Our 3 generation trip starts early tomorrow morning, my son, my dad and I. We are staying in a sleeper house off of Adrians road somewhere this year with Lake of the Woods Outdoorsman. I searched the internet for recent reports, have had a lot of friends up on the lake recently, and anyone else I can ask. Just doesn’t seem to be anything consistent this year to lock on to. Some say go deep, shallow bite is slow, and others say to stay shallow, deep bite is slow. Even talking to guides, a row of 4 houses, the first the fourth do well, and the second and third do not. Big lures, small lures, jigging, bobber, all the colors under the sun. One consistent thing I have heard is there have been a lot more Walleye caught this year, and lots of slot Walleye, so that is always good.

We have fished LOW for a long time now and have all the usual lures and hooks in the box, and my son is GREAT and trying them all until he finds something that works. Only difference this year and we are taking enough equipment with in the truck to be mobile if the fish are not biting at the sleeper house. We like going shallow for the dusk bite anyways.

If anyone is will to share a current pattern that is working, it would be appreciated.

Greenhorn
    Bismarck, ND

Was up in a Wigwam house this past weekend. I can attest to there being a lot more walleyes and slot walleyes than previous years. Not nearly as many of the 13” saugers we have always seen. The only tip I would give from what you probably already know is to jig about ~3 ft off the bottom. We may have only caught a couple walleyes right off the bottom. Keep an eye out on the full water column as we caught some around 10ft off the bottom.

toddrun

Thanks Greenhorn,

I did hear that some BIG Walleye have come in the sleeper houses at night, running a lively minnow 10′-15′ off the bottom. We will definitely give that a try.

Jeremie Schulz

The fish are sliding out to the 29-30 feet mark. Seems like the bite is good if the weather holds for a few days in a row. If you havent used them the clam leech flutter spoon is hot.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.