Lake Hubert Nisswa, MN

• erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Heading up there this weekend for a 8 day trip fishing panfish and walleyes. Anyone in that area have a general idea what a guy should put together for a game plan in this lake? I can about assume panfish will be staged up on weed edges or the shallows. The walleyes I am curious about in this lake and what to look for. The game plan is to rig live bait on the first break line and work some of the weed edges like I would any other lake ,but just lookin to see if there is anything special a guy needs to know up there. Thanks for any tips waytogo

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Post up or drop a PM if you’re figuring anything out in regards to the walleyes. I’m in the area from time to time. Seems I need help jester

I expect conditions to change quite a bit between now, this weekend, and when you leave. Early last week the water temps took a dive back into the 50’s. Between that and the weeds not formed up yet may have scattered the fish.

With the warmer forecast this week I would expect the temps to climb steadily. Which I’m hoping will help make the fish more active and possibly more predictable for location. You’re plan to rig the first break line and weed edges is solid. However don’t forget to go look at the bottom of the break and other deeper spots.

Spent Saturday and Sunday on Gull down the road. Couldn’t hardly buy a fish and neither could anyone else we talked to. Sunday we had 5 guys split between two boats with no walleyes at all.

Oddly was where we were marking fish. 22fow plus or minus was the main. Not uncommon to see fish at 30 at the bottom or just outside the bottom of the break. Couldn’t get them to trigger. We weren’t the only ones fishing outside of a normal early season pattern.

I’m hoping the warmer temps and additional weed growth will put the fish back up on the first break line for the next couple of weekends.

iacanoeguy
    Iowa - Franklin Co

I have fished that lake a few times, but I have not targeted walleyes. I mostly would fish for bass and crappies. I have caught some dandy bass and crappies on Hubert. There are some nice weed drop off areas right out from the public landing that I have done well for crappies. When I have stayed on the lake I have fished for bass early in the day up in the many reed beds with spinner baits and if it is really calm I use texas rigged worms. I have also fished on the North end for crappies as there is some great weed edges there also. Where are you staying?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.