Lake Fisheries Surveys for WI waters

• matthewkolden

I’m wondering if anyone can tell me if there’s a place to find more info on catch rates and whatnot in wisconsin lakes. The Minnesota DNR site has a lake survey for nearly every lake, but i’m finding the wisconsin DNR sites only have surveys for a handful of the lakes I’ve checked.

Basically, my wife and I just got a seasonal camper near the Hayward area, but are still somewhat actively exploring other lakes in the state to see if we can possibly find one close enough to us that also has excellent walleye fishing. The Hayward area does offer a lot of nice lakes, but not a lot of them with seasonal campgrounds. So, i’m looking down towards lake Chetek, Chetac, Red Cedar Lake, Long Lake, Bear Lake, Prairie Lake… Or really anything around there that has above average fishing, particularly walleye. But, it seems to be a little difficult to find solid information on the wi dnr site, unless I’m just looking in the wrong place.

At any rate, any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

EDIT: So I just discovered I can specifically google search for “lake name WI fisheries survey” and find a lot more info. That said, any first hand experience with lakes in that general area is still welcome, though not expected.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.