Lake Erie bound for the weekend

• Andy Fiolka
    Boise, Idaho

After several years of contemplating a trip, it’s actually going to happen. It looks like one of those few years when the ice becomes reasonably “safe” for a couple Lake Erie ice Newbs.

The kicker is that my little brother, who moved to the east coast for the US Marine Corps after high school, will be driving over from Maryland to fish with me for a couple days. Due to geography, I get to see him once or twice a year at best. Typically, those visits get cluttered with family time so fishing really doesn’t happen much these days. To say I’m stoked is a total understatement.

I have to give a big thanks to the fellow IDO’ers that have helped make this trip a little less daunting. Thank you!

Is anyone else from IDO-land heading over that way? A pseudo get together with some cold beer and brats on a grill would be fun. We will be staying in Port Clinton through Monday.

Stay safe fellas.
    Andy

Attachments:
    1. alex.jpg

hop307
    Northern Todd County

waytogo

eyecatchum
    Milwaukee WI

Leaving tomorrow morning! Pumped would be an understatement.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

Very Cool…. enjoy the time!!!!! applause

Wish I was going… hopefully getting time a week from now. Share when you get back, for us other newbies.

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

Andy if you want some local advice on the best way to come down through Chicago let me know. Glenn

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Dang, since your going to be passing not far from my house, wish I could jump in and split the trip with ya. Too much going on here to break away.

Please, extend a thank you to your brother for his service from me.

revpilot
    Lake Erie

Well have the bait ready to go. Give me a shout when you get closer to Ohio.

Andy Fiolka
    Boise, Idaho

Thanks guys.

I think we are going to jump down to I-80, follow it through Gary, south of Chicago so we don’t have to fight that mess.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Have a GREAT Time Andy !!!

Tip one with your Brother for me would ya !!

And tell him thanks !!!

Kick Some Walleye ARS !!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Andy, I always try to target the Chicagoland area (including Gary, IN) by 5am or after 7pm. Usually never need to hit the breaks in that “off” time

Hope you don’t encounter this….and yes, that is a guy riding in the couch

Attachments:
    1. 100_2842.jpg

Andy Fiolka
    Boise, Idaho

Me either!

I like my little town of 26k.

inskom

“Little” down of 26k? That’s 13x the size of my town!! shock

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

Thanks guys.

I think we are going to jump down to I-80, follow it through Gary, south of Chicago so we don’t have to fight that mess.

Good plan Andy I seen where James went the “busy way” and as Randy said be through Gary by 5am 6 at the latest and your good to go. They were predicting a little lake effect around there tonight but not anything significant. Don’t miss your exit for the “Toll Road” !!!

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Andy Fiolka wrote:</div>
    Thanks guys.

Good plan Andy I seen where James went the “busy way” and as Randy said be through Gary by 5am 6 at the latest and your good to go. They were predicting a little lake effect around there tonight but not anything significant. Don’t miss your exit for the “Toll Road” !!!

That is an easy exit to miss, did it the last time I was out that way. That is also 13 X my current place of residence and 100 times my home town.

Mike Heiss

Enjoy the trip. I’m hoping to make it next weekend

revpilot
    Lake Erie

Good times today guys . Nice meeting all you and glad we all got fish. My son was pretty happy with his 2 big ones today .

Attachments:
    1. image114.jpg

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Andy here is toast to you and your bro. toast .Hope you get on a good bite… Also Here is a Big Thank You to your little brother for his service.! waytogo ….From the looks of his pic. you mite want to think twice before you call him Little again. shock … …rrr

kylem86

I’m heading over there on Tuesday! Praying for a good bite.

Andy Fiolka
    Boise, Idaho

Just checking in.

We were going to fish today as well, but the forecasted wintry mix storm for tomorrow sent us packing a day early. It’s a long enough drive as it is without driving on icy roads.

I will add a full report and answer my messages once I’m back to the computer.

Andy

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Have a safe trip home. Looking forward to the report.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Drive safe and looking forward to some pics of big eyes. waytogo

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.