Lake Darling Crappies..?

• purehd
    Newport mn

Hey all, im heading up to arrow head resort this weekend with my family and looking at renting a boat for few hours and try and get the kids on some panfish.
    I was wondering if any one had any info if the crappies have transitioned into shallow water yet or they still holding deep?

Also if any one have any info about this lake maybe few spots to try out please PM me. ive never fished this lake or let alone been to alexandria at all. any info would be great since im kinda stuck for time with boat rental.

Thank you

deertracker

It’s actually Arrowwood Resort. I can ask around tonight about the crappies. It’s not a lake I usually fish for crappies. I’ll send you a pm if I hear something. On a side note I if you play golf they have a nice course. I’m a member there.
    DT

elk_addict
    Northern IA/Lincoln Lakes Area

I have never been to that area, but looking at the map on Lake Finder, two areas stick out as possible starting areas. The small bays in the northwest corner and the channel area, are the places I would start.

You want shallow mud bottom areas, the water warms up quickly, the bait fish move in, and the crappies follow.

The temperatures are getting pretty cold at night and getting colder over the next few nights. You may find them shallow later in the day if the sun warms the water up, but Saturday is forecast to be cloudy, following cold rain on Friday. Weather is definitely not in your favor, but always worth a try.

I would look for old weed growth in 6 – 10′ of water and comb the area. Those are my thoughts, but if my fishing thoughts always paid off, I would not be sitting at a desk working right now. Good Luck

purehd
    Newport mn

Thanks guys
    i will give it a try

deertracker

Put some feelers out but nobody has been out. Elk gave some good advice though. Good luck!
    DT

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.