L.O.W. 1st time ice fishing

• Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

I’m heading to L.O.W. this Friday for 4 days. It’s my first time ever ice fishing up there. Will be accessing the lake from or near Wig Wam.

Any do’s or don’ts? Any tips on depth or structure to fish this time of year? Color’s?

How’s the snow / slush situation up there?

Thanks in advance

404 ERROR
    MN

Bearcat and I are heading that way Wednesday night, send me a message if you want to meet up for a beer. I’ve never been up there this late, so my knowledge is pretty slim.

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

Hey Jesse,

Sound like Zipple, Morris Point, and Dales are some on the only ones with roads open still. Some friends were up last weekend in a wheel house at Zipple. I don’t think they fished super hard, but the report was slow but not terrible.

Most up to date info on Facebook, here are some links:

https://www.facebook.com/zippelbayresort/?hc_ref=ARTBlncNyv8rguMNhb5lgMZ6l5kEHmrhiZ1Yekt7kdA92KwhmXk7rrH5slP_09F7ZOM&fref=nf

https://www.facebook.com/groups/406455852866834/?ref=group_header

Wigwam closed there road:

https://www.facebook.com/WigwamResortOnLakeOfTheWoods/?ref=py_c

So did Adrians:

https://www.facebook.com/Adrians-Resort-228605744752/

Justin Laack
    Austin,mn

Hey Jesse,

Sound like Zipple, Morris Point, and Dales are some on the only ones with roads open still. Some friends were up last weekend in a wheel house at Zipple. I don’t think they fished super hard, but the report was slow but not terrible.

Dale’s is tracked vehicles only for the rest of the season, they are not maintaining their road anymore.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Like eagle said we are headed up there on Wednesday. We will be there all weekend. A buddy of mine guides up there and has a few hot holes going. Other then that it sounds slushy. But he said the fish are there if you actually try. PM myself or eagle and you can meet up with our group of 4.
    Stop in at Steve’s lucky bait and get heard up and say hi.

Trevor Hebel
    Roseau, MN

zipple will be shutting down Wednesday unless weather changes cold, just call the resorts that is your best bet

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Sounding like our options are pretty limited up there right now….might be taking an out of the way detour to North Dakota to find some slab perch

Bill Boyd
    Warroad, MN

Bring tall boots

It’s firming up at night a bit as the temps are below freezing. Been cloudy so the daytime melt is a bit slower.

Good luck wherever you you end up going.

I just got back from back to back trips, we used the black stake trail to access Monday and Tuesday directly from Sportmans. We found good ice conditions and excellent fishing. We got some really nice fish, mostly in 16′. My buddy popped a 29″ and I got a 26″, 23″ and 20″.

I was up with my boy Friday and Saturday, fished out of Sportys. He got a nice 27″ and we had some decent action sitting in 28′ both days.

Attachments:
    1. 6667.jpeg

2. 6650.jpeg

3. 20190315_140854.jpg

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

I just got back from back to back trips, we used the black stake trail to access Monday and Tuesday directly from Sportmans. We found good ice conditions and excellent fishing. We got some really nice fish, mostly in 16′. My buddy popped a 29″ and I got a 26″, 23″ and 20″.

I was up with my boy Friday and Saturday, fished out of Sportys. He got a nice 27″ and we had some decent action sitting in 28′ both days.

Thanks for the update

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

I always thought you were a bass guy wave mrgreen

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.