Kryptek vellus

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Just bought the kryptek vellus jacket and pants off camofire on a whim. Google alot of good results and watched a few YouTube reviews. Lots of positive comments on them, any one here run any gear from kryptek ? Looking for real life reviews

hillhiker
    SE MN

I have a couple Cronos hoodies I got for cheap out of the Cabelas bargain cave. They’ve held up well for the last 6 or 7 years. I really like that it zips up high over your face especially on those cold windy sits.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Well I’ve sat a few times in this gear. Everything from wind to rain and I’ve stayed warm and dry. I’m very happy I bought it so far. I think it’ll be solid gear down to 10 degrees with the right base layer.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Now after having a few sits in 22 degree weather with only a baselayer on under, I’m very impressed. Glad I picked them up. Any colder and I’ll have to re layer but I could push this set down to 15 degrees I’m guessing with wind

27eyeguy

Good to know. I always like the reviews for gear, especially from local areas. What camo pattern did you get BC?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Good to know. I always like the reviews for gear, especially from local areas. What camo pattern did you get BC?

I went with the highlander camo pattern

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Not that any one cares but I am have hunted this set hard all season. Rain, wind and snow. I wear blackovis 250g merino wool base layer a hoodie some pants and this. I hunted yesterday’s wind and snow at 14 degrees and was comfortable. I won’t push these past that but at 15 degrees and 20 mph winds they were fine. I am very happy with these. Went from the cooler days early season to now and have been very happy with the purchase.
    I’m pretty sure I’ll be buying the sitka fanatic set for colder hunts but I’ll find it between now and next season.
    Just wanted to give a review after 2 months of hunting from hot weather to now cold windy crap.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.