Kill Switch tether for 97 75HP Merc Tiller (Inspired by BK)

• Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

I have wanted to get a kill switch tether for my tiller for a while. I don’t ever foresee falling out of the boat at WOT but it won’t hurt to have it.

Attached is what my on off switch looks like and I am not sure what plastic clip attachment would “flip” or kill this. Here is the universal kill switch tether I am looking at getting.

Kill Switch

No idea tho if it will work. Anyone else have a kill switch tether for this type of switch on their outboard?

Any insight is appreciated.

Attachments:
    1. on-off-switch-75HP-Merc-Tiller.jpg

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

here is the correct one,

What he said.

The one you linked looks like it has the correct part.

Anyone else have a kill switch tether for this type of switch on their outboard?

They come from the factory with one. So yours must have gotten lost somewhere along the way.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Same one I have for the Merc on the Lund. Any boat shop will have them.

I don’t ever foresee falling out of the boat at WOT

I know a guy that said the exact same thing until he was trying to tread water with temps lower than 40 degrees.

Use it with your pfd and the rest is up to them man upstairs. )

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

Thanks Doods! I kinda thought the loop one might be the only thing that would work with it.

Yes the inflatable PDF is always on, just re-serviced it a couple months ago.

BK just promise if you ever see me floating by everts in 40deg water you will scoop me with a net…preferably your “walleye” net and not the kitty one.

zooks

I have wanted to get a kill switch tether for my tiller for a while. I don’t ever foresee falling out of the boat at WOT but it won’t hurt to have it.

I’ll admit that I have been bad in the past about PFD and kill switch use but hearing horror stories and seeing stuff like this changed my mind for good.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Sure not all of us travel at 55+ mph, but it’s surprising how slow a person can be going to get tossed from their seat.

That video could have been the last photos taken of those to guys. Amazing!

Evan? What’s a walleye net look like?

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Sure not all of us travel at 55+ mph, but it’s surprising how slow a person can be going to get tossed from their seat.

I have seen Evan fall out of his boat from the seat while using the trolling motor, so yeah, you don’t need to be going fast doah

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

I have seen Evan fall out of his boat from the seat while using the trolling motor, so yeah, you don’t need to be going fast

applause

That reminds me, do they make kill switches for trolling motors toast

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

That thing hanging around your neck is either a TM kill switch or a noose.

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

That thing hanging around your neck is either a TM kill switch or a noose.

Great point it could be a TM kill switch or a Operator Kill Switch.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.