Keith Ellison goes after fleet farm

• CaptainMusky

Bigwerm I was thinking the same thing about your list. No one with any critical thinking skills shouldn’t have been able to figure out what SHOULD have been done by reading it. It’s the inverse of what WAS done. Duh.

Deuces

Some folks should find a healthier emotional outlet than Internet forums.

Is this the unpopular opinion thread?

Brittman

Out in front of the Oakdale Mills Fleet Farm (across the street from the gas station / car wash area is …

a HUGE four-sided Jensen-Birk sign … it has to be 8′ by 10′ on each side … maybe larger.

next to this “tent” are some purple signs that read this is private property … no trespassing.

SBTL llc appears to be the owner of the land. Not sure if affiliated with MFF or not.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Who the number one competitor against Ellison?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Jim Schultz is his opponent in this election, if that’s what you are asking. Schultz has my vote, mainly due to Ellison’s failure/corruption on the Feeding our Future scandal but there’s plenty of other reasons.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>

Jim Schultz is his opponent in this election, if that’s what you are asking. Schultz has my vote, mainly due to Ellison’s failure/corruption on the Feeding our Future scandal but there’s plenty of other reasons.

Got it. My strategy this year is mostly to vote against the worst politicians and those supporting the current administration.
    Him attacking business owners during covid for tying to make a living stuck in my craw. Among other things.

Karry Kyllo

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>

Our political views differ but that’s fine. I am curious though, what corruption by Ellison do you speak about in the Feeding the Children scandal? Please give us the facts that outline proof of the corruption that you allege by Ellison.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I am curious though, what corruption by Ellison do you speak about in the Feeding the Children scandal? Please give us the facts that outline proof of the corruption that you allege by Ellison.

MN DoE brought the Feeding our Future Fraud to Walz and Ellison’s attention in April, 2020. Walz/Ellison CHOSE not to pursue it past the court decision in November of 2020 which should have been appealed by Ellison’s office. The overwhelming majority of the $250m+ fraud left the doors after that date. Instead Ellison (father and son) were critical of the DoE for bringing the fraud forward, insinuated they were racist for doing so, all the while both Ellison’s (and many other prominent DFLers) campaigns were benefitting in campaign contributions totaling over $500k across the DFL. They have since given that money back, which is a nice gesture, but your job is preventing this sort of fraud in the first place. Not giving the money back after getting caught with your hand in the cookie jar. If that is not corruption, I do not know what is. Feel free to check out the Sahan Journal (or Center for the American Experiment) both have done an awesome job documenting all of this. And please don’t forget, this was stealing money from feeding needy children.

http://www.kare11.com/article/news/politics/who-received-donations-from-feeding-our-future-defendants/89-37c984f1-fd55-43c9-8366-f84c55797a73

big_g
    Isle, MN

BigWerm, are you a teacher ? You sure are giving out answers/lessons.. and for free !!! Enjoying this thread. He called me rocks and cows, before I called him Fuhrer. Sticks and stones people… doah

BigWerm
    SW Metro

BigWerm, are you a teacher ?

In another life, just love MN and very concerned about where these weak leaders are taking us.

Karry Kyllo

I’m well aware of the Feeding the Future fraud case but there was definitely no corruption on the part of Ellison.
    Hindsight is always 20/20 and Walz/Ellison probably would have conducted the investigation differently if doing it again but they didn’t know the scope of the fraud early in the investigation.
    I happen to love MN too and Ellison and Walz are good, have been good and will continue to be good for MN.
    They are not weak leaders in any sense.

blank

Oh this should be good…..

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Couldn’t agree more BW!

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’m well aware of the Feeding the Future fraud case but there was definitely no corruption on the part of Ellison.

Choosing not to prosecute $250m+ in fraud, while receiving campaign contributions from said fraudsters, isn’t corruption? What color is the sky in your world?

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

Come on Bigwerm!!!! he was keeping us safe…. The horror of establishments not enforcing masks in St Cloud and Albert Lea…… Can you imagine the spread that was happening??

Reef W

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Karry Kyllo wrote:</div>

Choosing not to prosecute $250m+ in fraud, while receiving campaign contributions from said fraudsters, isn’t corruption? What color is the sky in your world?

“choosing” not to prosecute is a pretty questionable recounting given that MN doesn’t have jurisdiction to prosecute defrauding federal programs and especially when you aren’t even mentioning what actions MDE did try to take and how they were hampered by Guthmann, the Ramsey County judge who oversaw it all. The FBI was contacted in April 2021 but the investigation was not made public until January 2022 and criminal charges didn’t come until September. In the meantime Guthmann held MDE in contempt for delaying site applications among other things that limiting what MDE could do while waiting for the FBI.

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

Reef………….. So what you are saying is that Ellison’s position/effort in this case is acceptable to you? as far as you know?

Reef W

Reef………….. So what you are saying is that Ellison’s position/effort in this case is acceptable to you? as far as you know?

I don’t see where I said that. What I am saying is that BigWerms argument that Ellison should have prosecuted them is nonsense because it’s a federal issue. Ellison’s role was representing MDE in court when they tried to excersise the oversight they were supposed to have locally, and were sued by FoF, and the court was clearly on the side of FoF. If there are complaints about what Ellison should have done differently there let’s hear them since it would be an actually relevant conversation to have.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

hat I am saying is that BigWerms argument that Ellison should have prosecuted them is nonsense because it’s a federal issue. Ellison’s role was representing MDE in court when they tried to excersise the oversight they were supposed to have locally, and were sued by FoF, and the court was clearly on the side of FoF.

Sorry Reef, but you are incorrect. Walz appoints the Head of the MN DoE, and Ellison as Attorney General handles their legal issues. So Walz could/should have encouraged DoE to continue to pursue the fraud or at least stop funding it, and Ellison could/should have appealed Guthmann’s order. Also, the Judge’s order did not force DoE to resume payments but that the DoE had to make a decision on continuing to pay them, or not in a timely manner. Thankfully they were federal funds, so SOMEONE prosecuted them, but Ellison certainly had jurisdiction to do so as well.

“In an extraordinary statement, the Minnesota Judicial Branch said Judge John Guthmann “never ordered the Department of Education to resume payments to FOF in April 2021, or at any other time””

http://www.mprnews.org/story/2022/09/23/judge-guthmann-calls-gov-walz-inaccurate-in-his-statements-about-feeding-our-future-case

Reef W

Walz appoints the Head of the MN DoE, and Ellison as Attorney General handles their legal issues

Yup, that’s what I said.

So Walz could/should have encouraged DoE to continue to pursue the fraud or at least stop funding it,

Continue from when? FoF first sued in November 2020 over MDE delaying site application approvals. Site applications were denied again in December 2020. January 2021 FoF was notified ofddeficiencies and that their participation may be ended. March 2021 MDE says they will no longer pay reimbursements. April is when Guthmann says they are not allowed to stop payments while waiting for more documentation and FBI is contacted. End of April MDE denies all 185 pending site applications and Guthmann says they can’t deny all of them and must rule individually. June 2021 Guthmann holds MDE in contempt for not processing site applications fast enough and orders restitution payed to FoF.

Thankfully they were federal funds, so SOMEONE prosecuted them, but Ellison certainly had jurisdiction to do so as well.

No he didn’t. What he did/does have is investigative powers that could have been used to prove the fraud was occurring which would have allowed stopping payments earlier. Criminal charges would still be referred to feds.

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

All good Reef…… I know your position..

BigWerm
    SW Metro

So Walz could/should have encouraged DoE to continue to pursue the fraud or at least stop funding it,

Continue from when?

From April 2020 when Walz was first notified of DoE’s concerns. And so as not to nitpick each point, if what you are saying is correct why didn’t Walz/Ellison notify the Feds until April 2021? Why didn’t Ellison use those investigative powers starting in April 2020? Did they wait for hundreds of millions to go out the door, while the DFL coffers had hundreds of thousands in new revenue streams coming in, on purpose or was that just coincidence? It doesn’t really matter if you are corrupt by design or by ignorance imo.

Umy
    South Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>blackbay wrote:</div>
    This would be like a liquor store being liable for legally selling beer to someone over 21 and who then gave the beer to minors who drove drunk and killed someone.

exactly

Actually been in those shoes. Carded the kid when he came in to buy. Had his girlfriend with him at the time. She did not pay for or touch the purchase. Several of my “regulars” were in the store at the time in line. Police arrived a few hours later to tell me I sold to a minor. I explained the situation, called in the regulars, they gave the same story I gave.
    Kid got her drunk, let her drive, they crashed, thankfully no one was seriously injured.
    I would have been SOL if the regulars had not witnessed the whole transaction.

Umy
    South Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Karry Kyllo wrote:</div>
    Fuhrer Walz? I support both Ellison and Walz. If you don’t think that part of the increasing violence in MN is from easy access to guns, than you’re not seeing the big picture. I’ll bet you’re one of the first to complain about violence in MN and I’d also guess that you’re one of the first to complain about peoples’ rights to buy guns, no matter if they are assault weapons or not.
    I respect your opinion but your Fuhrer Walz comment crosses the line. He did what he thought was best for MN during COVID and it wasn’t hype by any stretch of the imagination. Almost 14,000 people in MN have died from COVID.
    If you have a better idea of how he should have handled it or something better that Keith Ellison could do, please tell us all.
    Perhaps you should run for office instead of practicing website politics like so many do in today’s world.

Bingo!

Here is addtl relevant info if you are looking for why some of us can’t support Walz

Attachments:
    1. Cartoon-Our-governor.jpg

CaptainMusky

Based on the comments here, regardless what obvious information of inaction or whatever isnt going to change anyone’s mind and they will vote for who they vote for anyway which is actually quite disturbing. That faced with a preponderance of evidence, it doesnt sway someone to vote them out. I say that for both sides.

3Rivers

This right here is all you need to know about the guy. He has a LOT of hate in him.

Unearthed videos provide additional evidence of Ellison’s ‘anti-cop’ record

Reef W

From April 2020 when Walz was first notified of DoE’s concerns. And so as not to nitpick each point, if what you are saying is correct why didn’t Walz/Ellison notify the Feds until April 2021?

So in the 7 months leading up to the first lawsuit? I have to assume there was some investigation during that time strengthening the case for fraud and needing to dig into it. If not, what would have prompted delays leading to FoF filing a lawsuit? For a time comparison We know it took a year and a half for feds to charge but I would also assume their case takes longer than what is necessary to just legally stop the payments.

197 million was payed by end of 2021. If the feds were notified April 2020 would it have been enough evidence to statt investigation or would it be dismissed? Would it take more or less time than the 17 months it actually did take? Don’t think anyone can know for sure.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

197 million was payed by end of 2021. If the feds were notified April 2020 would it have been enough evidence to statt investigation or would it be dismissed? Would it take more or less time than the 17 months it actually did take? Don’t think anyone can know for sure.

I guess if you boil it down, that is my complaint with DoE/Walz/Ellison on FOF, this was pretty easily proven on the front end, yet no one wanted to drive down the street and see if thousands of kids were going thru these janky strip mall and office buildings each day. And they could have easily stopped the payments before it was out the door. Now we are seeing how far gone it is (possibly up to $500M), and the money is in the wind with little to no chance of recouping it.

Karry Kyllo

Evidently the majority of the voters don’t share your Walz/Ellison dislike BigWerm.
    Congratulations Governor Walz and I look forward to your strong leadership for four more years! It also looks like Ellison has won too but it isn’t official yet.
    The red wave that Republicans were predicting turned out to be nothing more than a small ripple.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Congratulations Governor Walz and I look forward to your strong leadership for four more years! It also looks like Ellison has won too but it isn’t official yet.

jester

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Keith Ellison goes after fleet farm’ is closed to new replies.