Keeping iFish Pro holes from icing up?

• Kyle Wills

I love the iFish Pro, and I use those foam cylinder pads as well with it, but wondering if anyone has come up with a better way to keep hole from icing up?

Thanks!

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Lots of people using the Ice defense system on a lithium power pack.

mn-z
    Stark, MN

I use baby bubblers $5 or full the full size bubble box $15 at wal mart. Battery Operated They work awesome!

Jeff Gilberg

I use baby bubblers $5 or full the full size bubble box $15 at wal mart. Battery Operated They work awesome!

X2

Ty Kennedy

Automatic fisherman bobbers with no freeze solution are pretty sweet

trophybucs

Maybe you could utilize a Finicky Fooler hole cover underneath some how although I don’t think the plastic line loop attached to the line would fit through the hole so you may have to enlarge it. I use these covers with the Finicky Fooler tip ups and have no issues with holes icing up.

The Pessimist

I have about $8 invested in this and it works.

Attachments:
    1. PXL_20210121_204203999.jpg

Kyle Wills

Hey Pessimist, any chance you have a supplies list for that?

Thanks!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bigcrappie wrote:</div>

People are dropping $200+ just to use their ifishpros in certain conditions? sheesh. Ya’ll must really like those things

They are $100 and go on sale for around $85 shipped fairly regularly. And they are extremely effective with the ifishpro. Zero ice unlike a bubbler which will leave a small ice free space where the bubbles are pushing ice away from.

You can rag on it for being $100 but there’s nothing out there that works better.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>61orbt wrote:</div>

People are dropping $200+ just to use their ifishpros in certain conditions? sheesh. Ya’ll must really like those things

They are $100 and go on sale for around $85 shipped fairly regularly. And they are extremely effective with the ifishpro. Zero ice unlike a bubbler which will leave a small ice free space where the bubbles are pushing ice away from.

You can rag on it for being $100 but there’s nothing out there that works better.

100 bucks is wild. I’d have to spend 800 just to keep the families holes open.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Well nobody is going to buy 8 of them…..But if you’re out with one tip up, or have it on your flasher, it’s pretty darn nice to have.

Kris Berg

Metal coffee can and a couple pieces of coal in that can. Drill your hole and then another partial hole right next it just deep enough so that the water runs into the partial hole. Light the coals and put the coffee can in the partial hole. Its old school but, it works great.

Adam Rempel

I take a half inch barn stall mats and cut them 12”x12”, cut a line into the middle and drill a 1/4” hole. Put that over the hole with the your line running through the mat, it works really well.

I use these on all my tip ups and deadstick holes. Never have issues. It takes a long while for them to freeze.

Pretty cheap option and one stall mat will give you lots of hole covers. They also don’t take batteries. Haha

The Pessimist

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>The Pessimist wrote:</div>

Hey Pessimist, any chance you have a supplies list for that?

Thanks!

Kyle Wills – sorry, I was out-of-town and not watching this forum. Here is what I have:

1. Bubble Box – ordered from Amazon, but can find at FF, Scheels, etc.
    2. Fuel line for small engines – this is the yellow tubing.
    3. Weighted air stone – available at most outdoor stores.
    4. Hose clamps to store tubing.
    5. Piece of composite deck board I had in the garage.
    6. D Batteries for power.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Here’s one on the cheap. Velcro a handwarmer on the bottom side.

1. if you have an older non-insulated spray foam the bottom
    2. get some mesh or other fabric that allows airflow. Cut it big enough to fit a handwarmer. cut velcro to fit the outer edge of the fabric. attach velcro to fabric and foam underneth
    3. get handwarmer and set it in.

Since I did this I’ve mostly moved away from the iFish Pros. Did test this on a cold day at the Jaycees tourney and seemed to work pretty well.

The baby bubbler is my preferred choice but things go wrong. dead batteries, dropped a stone/line to the bottom, forgot it at home. The usual stupid stuff. I velcro mine to the tipup in use too.

Ryan Wilson

It’s a 12v dc water pump. there is nothing special about that. You can make your own out of said pump and pvc pipe and save yourself about $80…

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mahtofire14 wrote:</div>

It’s a 12v dc water pump. there is nothing special about that. You can make your own out of said pump and pvc pipe and save yourself about $80…

Well until I actually see someone make one that is as effective as an Ice Defense for $20 I’ll still say my Ice Defense is special. coffee

Kyle Wills

James did a good comparison video of ice defense vs nothing vs aerator bubbler…

Mr Big Eves
    Prior Lake, MN

Here’s one on the cheap. Velcro a handwarmer on the bottom side.

This is similar to what I have done for fishing tournaments. We would put handwarmers in zip-lock bags and throw it directly in the hole. It was a short term fix for the day.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.