Reports????????????

• Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Anybody been to Kab. recently?

Nick Dennison
    Rochester MN

had a coworker up there last week and he said it was slow due to mayflys. he caught fish but I don’t recall specifics sorry to be vague but that’s all I got for ya!

cazador75

I was up and fished Saturday, Sunday and Monday morning (8/10 to 8/12). We did OK. We caught mostly smaller fish and quite a few of those were saugers. We got enough to to bring home our 2 limits and had one nice meal. We caught almost all of the fish on a jig and a minnow. Our best day we caught them in 35 to 38 foot of water. Many of the fish we caught were in the 25 to 30 foot of water range too. We did catch a few fish over 17 inches, but not as many as usual.
    Hope that helps.

JasonP
    Twin Cities

I’ve been working up here for a few months and this is some of the best fishing I’ve seen since June. I think Kab is popping and she has been overdue IMO. The bite from 6-9 is great, AM or PM. Mid-day bite is tougher. I have been fishing 15-25 ft on humps and shoreline points…but fish have seemed to be moving off humps and closer to shore lately.

Spinner/crawlers have been all I use. Gold or silver hammered on bright days. Lime or chartreuse on dark days or low light. I’ve been catching mostly 12-16″ fish with an over every once in a while.

Good luck,

JP

JasonP
    Twin Cities

Did you ever get up there?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.