Kab Crappies

• bigstick56
    Lester Prairie, MN

Heading up for a week long vacation / fishing trip. Will be staying at Idlewild Resort. We have been going up there the last 10 years or so, I feel I hvae a pretty good handle on the walleye up there, but I am interested is chasing a few slab crappies this year. If anyone has some tips, pointers, structure to be looking for, baits that work shoot me a PM, Ill be more than willing to trade some walleye info….Thanks

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Lost Bay.

bigstick56
    Lester Prairie, MN

Brian, I have fished up in Lost bay a couple times, mostly tyargeting smallies….What are the crappies relating to back there? Shorelines? Shallow bays? Or are they just out suspended? Thanks

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Bigstick:

I have never fished on Kab yet, but depending on water temps I would start by looking, not fishing in the shallowest water. You should be looking for wood/bulrush/reeds in the water and crappies. I would imagine that Kab’s water temps are similar to ours and that would put the crappies up, but not quite bedding.

If you are not able to find anything visually, then the next option is to move back into the 4′-5″ to 8′-10′ range and look for them to be staging in the weeds close to spawning shorelines.

Presentation should be baits under corks 2′-4′ down over the fish or in the weeds. Business end should be plastics or crappie minnow. If you’re not seeing/catching, keep moving!!! Hope this helps!!!

Mark

bigstick56
    Lester Prairie, MN

Thanks for the info Mark, Im not much of a bobber fisherman as I would rather be casting, I will give it a shot though…Again thanks for the advice and hopefully we can get on some slabs….Thanks

HYBES
    SE MN

Lost Bay x2. Had hit/miss luck over the years on the very end of the bay and on the south side extendeding from the end. Good luck.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.