Kabetogama Fishing Report 7-21-12

• derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Just got back from a week of fishing Kab. The walleye bite was hot. We fished Lost Bay in the early morning hours from 5am to 10am and got our fish on #4 hammered gold blades with gold beads and hammered silver blades with red beads. 3 hook harness and crawlers on a 3 way rig. 15 to 18 feet of water.

The rest of our fish came in the evening on slip bobbers. We mainly fished Center Bar in 13 feet of water and found a mother load on a no name rock reef. We also found the mother load of wild blueberries on Pin Cherry Island. Caught many pike and smallies as well. Sunrise resort gave us excellent service. They use to be called Lakeview resort.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Glad you had a good trip. The guy who bought Sunrise also owns Sunset Resort on the Ash River Trail where I stay.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Randy the manager at Sunrise passed away in his sleep friday nite in his cabin. He took good care of us. Nicest guy you ever met. Very sad deal. He had chest pains all week.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Sorry to hear that. I had met Randy twice when we went to see the resort. He seemed to pound the cigarettes and I think the stress of getting that thing going for John didn’t help anything either.

He will be missed there.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Yep. He smoked pretty hard.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.