Help – Early June trip to Kabetogama

• Klondike

First time fishing on Kabetogama and I’m looking for some help with locations, techniques, colors, baits, what ever you could give me. I’ll be there for the first week in June. I have a 17ft. boat with a 50 hp and 20 gal. gas tank. Looking forward to fishing any part of the lake. Also have good electoronics with Lakemaster chip. Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

For me, fishing that type of body of water at that time of year, I’m either throwing cranks or jigs and plastics. Both are a great way to cover a lot of water which greatly aids with learning a new body of water fast. Resist the urge to fish slow with live bait until you have the fish pegged and then only if the fish require it. Typically at that time of year… they don’t.

http://www.idofishing.com/forum/showflat.php/Number/1018919/93/fpart/all

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I drag Ringworms in the shallow bays. If the water is warm I fish the main lake humps with gold spinners and crawlers.

Klondike

Thanks for the information. Sounds simple enough and the video was helpful also. Maybe I’ll have some photo’s to share when we get back.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.