Kabatogema reports?

• tjwd83
    Wentzville MO

Does anyone know where I could find a current fishing report for kabatogema? Heading there tomorrow for a week and I havnt been on that lake in 3 or 4 years.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

The bite has been slow. It’s been down in the high 30’s for over night temps and the fish are sluggish at best. I heard recently that crawlers are working the best although that report came down from the Crane Lake end so take it for what it’s worth.

For a up to the minute report stop at Gateway on the way in. Phil will have something current for you.

deertracker

We are also leaving in the morning. Don’t remember the name of the place, but it is on the ash river.
    DT

Brian Hoffies

I should add to be sure to bring some warm cloths.

If you are after Walleyes don’t bother with Namikan, just stay with Kab. Kab. is slow but it’s suppose to be warm today and tomorrow so maybe things are changing. I heard from a pretty reliable source that 2 guides on Kab. are portaging their clients through to fish Rainy!! Yikes, thats a gas bill I wouldn’t want to pay. Last I heard 24-30 fow was the best place to start.

Stan Jenson
    sw wisconsin

The family and I are heading to VNP on friday and was planning on staying on namakan is there a reason one should not bother with walleye fishing on that lake?

timmy

Pounded them last weekend on deeper breaklines 23-27′ on rigs and spinners. Got a text from a buddy there today, he pounded the snot out of them on rigs/leeches on deep breaklines again today. He said it was a bloodbath. He did report few fisherman in camp getting any results, though, so he might have hit a lucky spot ?

Brian Hoffies

Quote:

The family and I are heading to VNP on friday and was planning on staying on namakan is there a reason one should not bother with walleye fishing on that lake?

No, if you are staying on Nam then fish it. I was suggesting since they are on the Ash River Trail I would go to Kab. instead of Nam. as a first choice.

Today was near perfect. 70 degree’s, the wind laid down to nothing mid afternoon. We picked up 1 Walleye 23″ about 2 pm on Kab. Headed into Nam. and hit the Canadian side and picked up a small Pike in 2 hours of fishing.

Tonight it’s crystal clear, most likely will hit 40 for a low temp. Water still isn’t warming as it should be. From what I hear if Timmy’s buddy is pounding fish he is one of the very few to be doing so. The good news is it’s warming up every day. By the time you get here the fish will be committing suicide and jumping in the boats!!

Have a great time here in Gods country.

Stan Jenson
    sw wisconsin

Thanks for the reply. Cant wait to get away and take a break even if I dont catch one fish it will be a great time with the family in such a great place.

timmy

Hit ’em pretty good n Kab this past weekend. Both rigging and spinners put fish in the boats pretty readily. 23-27′ of water again. Plenty of eaters in the mix along with some too small’s and some slots. Saw lots of fish come intot he cleaning shack, in fact there were more fish brought in than I can remember in many years……

T

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.