Kabetogama-Ash River

• deertracker

We are leaving sunday morning at 5 for our annual office fishing trip. This year we are going to Kabetogama and staying on the Ash River. Anyone have a current report they care to share. I have never fished there but can’t wait. It will be a long drive but well worth it.
    DT

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

i fished kab since 55 the second week after mem day. usually limits of walleyes by noon.

went back two years ago and it seemed to have changed to a bass lake.

jmho

jimchavez1941

Fished KAB all last summer,the fishing was better last year than than the last three years.She gave up lots of keepers.This early in the season,we found fish on the windy shorline.GOOD LUCK.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

I’m going up tomorrow so I will see what I can find out. The new cell tower is up and running on the Ash River Trail so maybe I can post something before you leave. If not have a great trip. I’ll be heading South about the time you are in Cloquet.

Which resort are you at?

envoy98
    Minneapolis, MN

I’ll be looking for your report! I leave on the 18th to head up there for a week. Hopefully I have a few nice days to get out and hunt the eyes, smallies and pike. I am so excited to get up there. I’ve never been there either.

timmy

I was up last weekend and we did very well fishing breaklines in 23-30fow . Leech/lindy, minnow/lindy, and crawler/spinner all produced with a slight edge going to the spinner/crawler (I’d assume because of the greater amount of water covered picking off the active fish).

T

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Coverage is just awesome!! I have a better signal here then I do at home. AT&T and T-Mobile get great service. The Verizon guys are getting nothing.

I hear 24-30 feet as Timmy said is the ticket according to the guys who I’m talking to. My smallmouth came in the shade on straight rock walls yesterday. If the rock tapered into the water I got nothing.

Today’s another day…….

deertracker

Thanks for the update. I can’t wait to get up there.
    DT

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.