fishing Kab 5-19 thru 5-22

• bigpine
    OTC

havent been to Kab in a long while and am wondering how the opener went and what I can expect as far as fish depth.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Most of the Walleyes I saw caught came off of the docks. People did get some jigging in 20+ feet of water. I found things to be pretty slow for all species. It was dry but very windy and cold Saturday.

bigpine
    OTC

Thanks a lot Brian hopefully this warmer weather will liven things up a bit. I will post a report when I get back.

orangewhip3x
    Blaine

I fished starting at midnight on Friday for a few hours (1 walleye leech and bobber 7 feet). Fished Saturaday all day and until well after dark on Sunday. Water temperatures were 44 degrees and very few fish were caught. We keyed on the shallows (less than 6 feet). 9 total walleyes with 2 under 17″. All the fish caught at night were males and they were still milking. So few fish that a pattern never emerged. I think things will pick up when the water temp is in the mid 50s. Typically our group catches 10x more fish than we did this year…very slow. I hope it picks up for you.

bigpine
    OTC

Thanks orange, I am going with a group of guys and staying at a cabin somewhere in the ash river area. They were there last year same time and said fishing was pretty good. It will just be great to back up there. Take care all

bigpine
    OTC

Well, what can i say…..rained for two days, fish were really scattered. we would catch one or two and then nothing. moved…one or two and then nothing. Water temp in the low 50’s. Fished shallow and deep same results. We did catch fish but nothing like my group said they have done in the past. Oh well still a good time and great lake.

eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

Fished Kab May 16-20
    Group of four and really slayed them.
    Had 3 huge fish fries of keepers
    Brought fish home as well
    and larger numbers of 17-25 inch fish.
    1-2 apiece at 24-25 inches
    Mostly in 12-14 feet
    adjacent to a flat 4-8 ft and deeper water 25-32
    Just anchor and wait, the fish pass going up to feed and down when done, be patient at this time of year.
    If you move you lose, is what we found the last ten years
    mix it up with 1/8 oz jig, usually deadstick
    or lindy with 1/8 and gamakatsu octupus #2
    live bait either way.
    NOTE, we are the exceptions, but then again
    how many walleye fisherman ever really anchor their boat.
    Good luck in the future

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.