Kabetogama

• Bryan Shelton

How is the fishing here for walleye in June.? Looking to book a trip the second or third week of June. Usually go into Ontario, but thinking about staying a little closer to home this time.
    Thanks for the tips.

Bryan

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Can you tell me what the weather will be?
    The Walleyes won’t likely be jumping in the boat but, fishing can be good if you put in some time or hire a guide to get started. Last year wasn’t great for big fish but there were a lot of fish caught.

Where would you stay? Might consider Ash-Ka-Nam resort on the Ash River Trail.

Good luck, let us know if you come to Kab.

Bryan Shelton

I haven’t narrowed down a certain Lodge. Why do you recommend that one?

kabefisherman11

X2 on Ash ka nam. It’s a really nice resort with everything and it’s fairly close to the entrance for kabetogama and namakan. I would say that namakan is usually better fishing in the spring and early summer. I’ll be up there in mid June and would say that namakan will probably get more attention. The weather plays a huge roll like Dutch said. Be willing to move or hire a guide as this lake can be very intimidating. In the summer we have a rule. No more than 30 minutes without catching a fish. Keep moving and good luck.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I haven’t narrowed down a certain Lodge. Why do you recommend that one?

Accommodations are good. They sell bait & gas. They have a bar & restaurant on site. They open for breakfast. Easy access to both lakes and you can get out if the wind blows. If you are bringing kids there is cliff diving and they have one of those big tubes the kids play on. They have everything from motel rooms to cabins to condo’s to spots to park your trailer.

I will warn you though…..last year they sold out June completely. If you want to go there get it booked real soon.

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

second booking asap. Checked out the reservations at the one we go to and they are almost fully booked opener thru mid August.

Smallie fishing is awesome too, makes for a nice fall back when the walleye don’t want to cooperate.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.