Just bought a live scope plus

• ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

Any tips on settings? Hoping to have it installed on Monday. Have a HB 360 to compliment it. Fished with a couple guys that have it. Looks like fun.

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

Jay goes over his setting at the 13:45 minute mark in the video. They work well for me most of the time.

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

Thanks

JoeMX1825
    MN

one thing to remember when using other fisherman’s settings is that the body of water they fish on at the time of using those settings will likely be alot different than the lake you’re fishing on…water clarity, algea blooms, sunny or cloudy conditions, etc ALL can effect your Livescope display.

The best advice is to know how the Livescope transducer beam works and get a real good understanding of what the different settings actually do, that way you can then tailor them to your lake. The most important ones are Gain, Color limit and TVG…those are the ones you’ll be changing the most…oh and stay in Manual mode so only you are the one changing things…

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

Just used it tonight for the first time. Have a sore neck from looking down the whole time. Saw a pike hit my DT-10 by the boat. Kinda fun. I see it will take time to dial it in. I hit the pro mode accidentally. Not sure what that is. I might need to get my buddies to hop in the boat and help me out. Wish me luck. I don’t ice fish, snowmobile, or hunt. This is all I got and winter time rod building for the next year.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Exactly what Joe said

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

On LOW last weekend-
    Amber
    Noise rejection high
    TVG off
    Color gain 75
    Gain 62
    75 feet forward

It changes by the body of water and even as the battery goes down during the day.

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

Thanks. I’m getting the hang of it, but always room for improvement.

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

How far away from the boat can you guys see your baits? I’ve played with the settings. Best I can do is about 35ft. Sometimes only 20 ft. Thanks for any thoughts.

JoeMX1825
    MN

How far away from the boat can you guys see your baits? I’ve played with the settings. Best I can do is about 35ft. Sometimes only 20 ft. Thanks for any thoughts.

mostly depends on the size and density of the bait, water clarity effects it as well…I can typically see my small crappie jig & twister about 65+ feet out…larger baits can be seen much farther…

Mess around with your transducer angle (clicks)… have your gain around 65-70 and color limit in the 90’s

Netguy
    Minnetonka

My daughter and I were trolling for suspended crappies the last few days with small Rapalas behind 1 oz of lead. Could see them back to 60-70 feet. Didn’t try any further. Nice to put the baits right over their heads.

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

The color limit has always confused me. I’ll crank it up

mojogunter

When long lining crankbaits I can see back about 70′ close to the bottom. If they were suspended I think I could see further if the water was clear of debris. I only had a picture in shallow water where it was back 30′, but you can see it is very clear.

Attachments:
    1. 20230521_093748_copy_2271x10471.jpg

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

My mount on the TM shaft has 2 white lines to align the transducer. I adjusted once and the unit went into down mode— I know that’s not the right word. A buddy suggested playing with the angle of the transducer. I was fishing a blade bait the other day. I could see the bait and the swivel at the leader clear as day. A DT-10 isn’t near as easy to see.

Icefisherguy

This might be totally obvious but I will bring it up because I made this mistake when I first got livescope. The transducer needs to be angled up, almost 45degrees when used in forward view. This is covered in the LVS34 installation manual.

When I first got mine I assumed the transducer was supposed to be mounted level/horizontal. I could see baits under the boat with amazing detail and nothing past 20 feet or so.

JoeMX1825
    MN

2 clicks up for forward is a good rule of thumb, additional click or two if your lure runs shallow and you make real long casts…

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

Thanks guys for the tips. Caught a few walleyes on Mille Lacs today. Buddy had Live scope on a pole mount. Think it helped. Where do you set your color limit? Thanks

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.