Junk Drawer Treasures

• Sharon
    SE Metro

Rummaging through one of several junk drawers tonight and I found this gem! Does anyone remember these? I recall buying more than one and I’m pretty sure I won some cash!
    I also found the manual for my microwave. My microwave was made in 1995… rotflol

Attachments:
    1. 20231219_193312-scaled.jpg

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

jester

Attachments:
    1. 89xuga.gif

gregory
    Red wing,mn

That’s funny, I just got done going through a box of receipts, latest I found was 2017. It must be that time of year.

cbeeksma
    Delta, WI

Rummaging through old mail and time to throw this out stuff. Found an unopened envelope from my mortgage company and inside was a escrow refund check for over $300.00…..from 2012. Called them and they said cash it!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

“Junk Drawer”

Just hearing that gives me the warm fuzzy feeling. Reminds me of my younger days when. I’d ask where something was and Mom would say “look in the junk drawer”

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

You scratch off every inch of scratchable surface lol. I don’t ever buy scratch offs but if I get some I scratch off the bar code and scan them. I don’t have the patience to scratch and play.
    As for cleaning out the junk drawer, I did this at the house just the other day. Found a pair of brand new oakleys I had assumed were lost a long time ago.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

This spring my wife and I went through the whole house emptying every closet and drawer room by room. Everything came out and if we have not used it in the last 5 years it was gone. We had a garage sale 2 years ago and I thought we got rid of everything. That one was just crap from the storage room. We found just shy of $1K and freed up a lot of space.

Keep digging Sharon. I know it is not easy. But can bring back some great memories.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Keep digging Sharon. I know it is not easy. But can bring back some great memories.

Thanks Rodwork. Sometimes I just get the urge to rummage and I never know what I’ll find. Last night I also found some nice rain gear I forgot Billy had. I put it on thinking I just got some new rain gear …. and well it’s too big of course. roll But it was still fun to think of the times he wore that, usually out fishing.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Not a junk drawer find but similar. I put up a vinyl rain gutter on my shed last fall. I knew there was a bag of parts in the garage. Found the part I needed. It was from Knox lumber in Hopkins. The receipt was dated 30 years ago, the same day that I used it.

deertracker

Can’t believe you leave a $1000 winner in the junk drawer. coffee
    DT

deertracker

Ah, Knox Lumber. Loved that store. In high school we would hide behind the one in Newport at night until the cops left Red Rock Road so we could street race.
    DT

mojogunter

When the Knox Lumber in Coon Rapids went out of business they had some unbelievable deals on everything. I bought every tool I could afford when I was then maybe 20 years old. I still use some of the saws and a router.

Ah, Knox Lumber. Loved that store. In high school we would hide behind the one in Newport at night until the cops left Red rock Road so we could street race.
    DT

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Knox and Plywood MN. The original big box home stores in MN.

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

Knox and Plywood MN. The original big box home stores in MN.

Builders Square was around for a while.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Well I do not see a bundle of cash, fishing rod or fish symbol. Just keep it to right off if you get a winner some day. Bet my Mom has 20 shoe boxes full of non winners to some day use them to off set the winnings. Big dreams

Jimmy Jones

My idea of getting dressed up is putting on a pair of jeans without holes in the knees. Ma decided I needed another pair of dress slacks that weren’t denim, in a color other than black or navy, so she hit a couple garage sales and found a dark grey pair. When she got home with them she said to try them on. I did and as I was checking to see how they felt I noticed a bit of bulk in one of the hip pockets. Three twentys were folded in half. I put the jingle in my jeans pocket and dug out the two dollars she said she paid for the pants. I still haven’t worn the pants but the $58.00 in gains felt nice.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Rummaging through old mail and time to throw this out stuff. Found an unopened envelope from my mortgage company and inside was a escrow refund check for over $300.00…..from 2012. Called them and they said cash it!

If it has a expired date on the front of the check, Good luck getting a bank to Cash it

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.