Jersey Day for the Humboldt Broncos

• Willy D
    Nipawin, SK

In light of the horrific bus crash Friday afternoon here in Saskatchewan involving the Humboldt Broncos Junior “A” hockey team please share and show support by wearing a hockey jersey on April 12.

On Friday, April 6,2018 the Humboldt Broncos, Junior “A” hockey team were on there way here to Nipwain to play the Hawks in game 5 of the Sask Junior Hockey League semi finals. They were 20 minutes south of Nipawin that is when this game day turned into a horrific nightmare. The team bus was in a collision with a semi. There were 15 fatalities of the 29 people on the bus. 10 players, both coaches, statition, radio personality, and the bus driver. There are still 12 of the players in hospital, 4 are in critical condition, 4 are in serious condition, and 4 are stable. These young men ranged from 16 to 21. Please Share with friends families, colleagues, and schools, as this was a hockey team but could have easily been any type of sports team. Hug yours kids and tell them and the people close to you how much you love them and care for them, cause you may never get the chance before it is to late. Thanks

Attachments:
    1. 0F81508C-B9FE-400B-B050-1D862E523BC0.png

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

A terrible tragedy and one of those awful reminders about how short and fragile life can be. You know not the day, nor the hour, so take time to enjoy what you have. My sympathies to all the families and loved ones.

I have relatives in Saskatoon and this has shaken that area and the province badly. These teams are well known and the kids become part of the communities, so this hits home very, very hard.

Think, think, think about everything you do behind the wheel of a vehicle. I know the investigation is still ongoing, but it looks to be pretty obvious what happened here. Driving tired, driving distracted, or just plain driving while not paying attention are all an invitation for tragedy.

Grouse

jonesry09

Well said Grouse. I know it’s cliche but don’t take a minute for granted. My heart breaks for these families and I can’t imagine what they are going through. I will be sending lots of prayers their way!

Take care guys and be safe.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.