Jack plate and Bravo 1 FS prop on a Yamaha F250 Offshore

• James Ellerman
    Manitowoc Wisconsin

Decided to install a Bob’s action jack plate on my 2013 Ranger 620 and looking for input from others with this setup. I contacted Ranger looking for their recommendations, which is a 8″ setback. My rig is on the heavy side, running 9.9 kicker, 4 group 31 batteries, terrova and plenty of tackle and gear in the boat to add to the weight.
    I’m also looking to go to a Bravo FS prop on my rig and curious if anyone can share their knowledge with this prop on their 620 with a F250 offshore. I run two Yamaha props now, Yamaha M1 15 X 21 which I get 57-5800 RPM with 57-59MPH. This prop runs a little loose at WOT but has a decent hole shot with a heavy load. My other prop is a Yamaha Saltwater Series II SDS 15 X 21 which I get 54-5600RPM and 54-56MPH. This prop is little poochy and the hole shot is is a bit lacking with a heavy load. I do like the quiet shifting and no rattle at idle RPM’s with this prop. Much of what I understand the Bravo will give me a excellent hole shot, better planing at slower speeds and controls the boat better in rough water and WOT.
    What I’m attempting to achieve is the ability to fish in shallower water and fine tune a prop’s performance with the jack plate. Much of what I read from others is that a jack plate was the best add-on they put on their rigs and would never own another boat w/o one. The second thing is a better hole shot with a heavy load and more importantly the ability to get the boat on plane at slower speed in heavy seas. I’m not so concerned with how fast this boat can go at WOT. Any information from others would valuable.
    Thanks

2013 Ranger 620
    Yamaha 250 OffShore
    Yamaha T9.9
    101 Terrova I-Pilot
    Lowrance 12 Touch, HDS 10, HDS 8, LSS II

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.