Its totally out of control

• jimmysiewert

isu22andy wrote:
    Is it population though ?

BearCat89wrote:
    Most experts say no, Jimmy says yes, and sounds like he says it all the time.

So sorry BearCat89 that I shared well known scientifically backed information that may “conflict” with your information. Sounds like you know all so you should change your name to SmartCat89

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

isu22andy wrote:
    Is it population though ?

BearCat89wrote:
    Most experts say no, Jimmy says yes, and sounds like he says it all the time.

So sorry BearCat89 that I shared well known scientifically backed information that may “conflict” with your information. Sounds like you know all so you should change your name to SmartCat89

I like my name. I only know what i read just the same as you. But as of scientifically proven it seem that there is scientifically proven evidence against what you say. How can that be so ? To many scientists I bet

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

isu22andy wrote:
    I shared well known scientifically backed information

I would really like to know how the current population of any country is Scientifically backed ????? If its a scientist that is in charge of determining population, I’d be even more less likely to believe the #’s.

picklerick
    Central WI

China counted ridiculously low cases of covid, so I’m sure their population numbers are solid, too. New math? Ancient math? Made up crap? Hard to say from here.

jimmysiewert

I just don’t go by just what scientists say. Ecologists have just as important, if not more important say in this. Again – data is all over the board but the majority say 7 billion. We are at almost 8 billion. 9.5 billion in 27 years. I think my math teacher taught me right. Just kept putting more and more pigs in a pig barn and see what happens.

jimmysiewert

Just like another fact: you cannot reverse the “human” contribution to climate change unless you do 1 single thing – that isn’t being preached or done near enough. You can only slow it down with current bull (wind turbines, EV, etc.). Suppose I’m wrong on this too..

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Jimmy, I mentioned this comment/opinion in another topic. I think mother nature will solve the over population of humans problem just like any other over population of any other species on earth.

There will be a bug, virus or call it what you want. It will wipe out 1/3 to 2/3 of everyone alive at the time. And in short order! Humans can pick up the pieces from there.

-J.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Man i

Just like another fact: you cannot reverse the “human” contribution to climate change unless you do 1 single thing – that isn’t being preached or done near enough. You can only slow it down with current bull (wind turbines, EV, etc.). Suppose I’m wrong on this too..

Food. Why is food so expensive, I almost thought that was the question of the post. And what can we do about it. That’s why my first reply was a helpful one. To try and stay on topic and help people out.as to the other topic I didn’t say you were Wrong, I said there is tons of backed info that goes both ways. But either way what good is it preaching if your not practicing

jimmysiewert

Jimmy, I mentioned this comment/opinion in another topic. I think mother nature will solve the over population of humans problem just like any other over population of any other species on earth.
    There will be a bug, virus or call it what you want. It will wipe out 1/3 to 2/3 of everyone alive at the time. And in short order! Humans can pick up the pieces from there.

-J.

Totally agree with you Jon! My whole point is you can keep saying there is nothing wrong or anything to be concerned about for now – or the future – but one is only kidding themselves with that thought process. Hope all is well Jon!!!

CaptainMusky

What about all the waste with wind turbines, EV batteries (thankfully Tesla is trying to develop a way to recycle them) and their precious metals required to create them? I mean, mining for those metals is far from a clean process. Wind turbines typically last around 10 years and end up in the landfill and when you drive by a big farm of them nearly 1/3 dont work at any given time. Its hardly reliable. I will pass by hundreds of these on our trip to TX starting tomorrow and its astounding how many dont work.

jimmysiewert

I hear ya CaptainMusky. Since I might get yelled at for changing topic – and this was a “Food” topic, I will just leave some “Food for Thought”.

We don’t need ANY of that fluff / feel good stuff like windmills. At most it might slow down the trend, but not stop or reverse.

All it takes to reverse this trend is 7 trillion trees planted. I think that comes down to a couple hundred trees per person. Sure seems doable – but hjow many keyboard warriors want to get dirt under their fingertips these days. Crap – I am up to 20,000 myself so far. But is there money in planting trees for politicians? The world financial controllers?

No conspiracy’s here – just plant a lot of trees. Not like what is happening in the Amazon region……

phishingruven
    tip of the mitten

Seems crowded here already. Cant imagine adding a billion more poeple

imagine 5x more people in every place there are people….cities, rural, lakes, woods, roads. woot

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

There are about 15 billion habitable acres of land in the world. That excludes deserts, mountains, oceans, and the most extreme climate areas.

There are 8 billion people.

“Space” isn’t the issue. Resource allocation is.

MX1825

Meat packers are making record profits. There is also an ever deepening truck driver shortage. A year ago, oil companies were making record profits.

I have inside info on this.
    A hog slaughtering factory was making $65 profit per hog last year. Slaughtering 18k hogs per day. Run those numbers through your calculator. doah

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Run those numbers through your calculator. doah

My Calculator says that is 1,170,000.00 – That is a pile of $

Gitchi Gummi

I have inside info on this.
    A hog slaughtering factory was making $65 profit per hog last year. Slaughtering 18k hogs per day. Run those numbers through your calculator. doah

all the more reason to find a local farmer/butcher and get your meat locally sourced. one of the best methods of advocating for change is with where/how you spend your money.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

all the more reason to find a local farmer/butcher and get your meat locally sourced. one of the best methods of advocating for change is with where/how you spend your money.

That is my plan real soon. I need to get a new Freezer in place first. My current small chest one is already full to the max. On a 1/4 or 1/2 of beef – How many packaged Lb’s of meat do you usually end up with. Just trying to determine how much additional freezer space I need

picklerick
    Central WI

#377 hanging weight 1/2 beef came out to:
    49- #2 tubes ground
    15- #1 tubes ground round
    11- #3 chuck roast
    4- #3 arm roast
    5- #3 rolled rump roast
    4- 1.5″ sirloin
    9- 1.5″ ribeye
    6- 1.5″ filet mignon
    9- 1.5″ NY strip
    2pks each soup bones and short rib
    1pk oxtail
    1EA- skirt steak, flank steak, tongue, heart

Attachments:
    1. half-cow-scaled.jpg

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

#377 hanging weight 1/2 beef came out to:
    49- #2 tubes ground
    15- #1 tubes ground round
    11- #3 chuck roast
    4- #3 arm roast
    5- #3 rolled rump roast
    4- 1.5″ sirloin
    9- 1.5″ ribeye
    6- 1.5″ filet mignon
    9- 1.5″ NY strip
    2pks each soup bones and short rib
    1pk oxtail
    1EA- skirt steak, flank steak, tongue, heart

So a 1/2 about takes up a full size freezer. Thanks for the info.

picklerick
    Central WI

Pretty much. Not sure cubically but I’m sure one of the math wizards on here can translate. It’s 60″H x 28″W x 26″D.

big_g
    Isle, MN

60x28x26 = 43680/1728 = 25.2 cubic feet

picklerick
    Central WI

I knew the LxWxH = volume formula, but didn’t think to divide by 1728, which is a cubic foot in inches. I just sell electrical parts. The engineers or customers tell me the voltage, current and hp ratings.

Michael Best

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>jimmysiewert wrote:</div>

What about all the waste with wind turbines, EV batteries (thankfully Tesla is trying to develop a way to recycle them) and their precious metals required to create them? I mean, mining for those metals is far from a clean process. Wind turbines typically last around 10 years and end up in the landfill and when you drive by a big farm of them nearly 1/3 dont work at any given time. Its hardly reliable. I will pass by hundreds of these on our trip to TX starting tomorrow and its astounding how many dont work.

Saying wind turbines last 10 years is false.
    The blades have a short lifespan but that lifespan can be lengthened drastically with a good maintenance plan.
    In 1999 I worked for a company that put up 255 turbines by Storm Lake Iowa. Technology back then on the turbines is nothing what it is today. Those turbines are still running today.

The company I work for owns 2 wind farms. Every turbine is operational and one farm came online in 2013 the other was 2018. 99% of the time our turbines are not running is due to being curtailed (power company pays to have turbines not run) by the power companies. Before the wind farms were built a PPA (power purchase agreement) was signed.
    Well in todays age fossil fuel plants are selling power cheaper.

Now after being apart of the design and construction of thousands of turbines in our country. I can tell you they have a life span of 30 years plus.

Now the negatives I have seen through out the years. You would be amazed at the amount of trees that have been cut down for a wind farm to be built.
    The amount of fly ash (from coal fired power plants) that goes into the concrete mix design is insane.

I wish our government would get smart and build more Nukes.
    Nuclear technology today is light years ahead of what it was the last time we built a Nuclear plant.

Viewing 24 posts - 61 through 84 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.