Italian inspired Venison Backstrap.

• robby
    Quad Cities

Slow cooker recipe, or could simmer on stove, possibly put in oven. About 3 lbs whole back strap. Put in crock pot. 2 cans stewed tomatoes, drained. 1 can diced tomatoes drained. 1-2 onions, sliced and seperated into rings. Dump all in crock pot. Add just a bit of seasoning salt, Tbsp of ground black pepper, and 1-2 Tbsp of Italian seasoning. I made this up, so do not fault me if you do not like it. I believe adding some baby Portabllo mushroom last hour or so would be great also. Cook on high 4 hours or until meat is really tender, or 8 hrs on low. The same old cooking standards. I really like it.

Attachments:
    1. 20220421_194905-scaled.jpg

2. 20220421_145320-scaled.jpg

haleysgold
    SE MN

Maybe just me but I would never use the backstraps to make that.
    They are the best eating without anything but a little seasoning and flipped on the grill.

I could see using a tougher cut of venison like a roast to make it though.

robby
    Quad Cities

I’m out of roast and still have several back straps. I eat the straps many ways.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’m out of roast and still have several back straps. I eat the straps many ways.

Backstraps are the first thing eaten from my venison. I once made some backstraps for friends who said they would try it but really dint like venison. After eating it they said if the whole deer taste like this how are there any 🦌 still alive

robby
    Quad Cities

To each our own.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

This is a great idea, but as others said I wouldn’t waste the back strap. I’d use the shoulder roast. But thanks for the idea.
    Adding little mini shrimp would be awesome as well as some jalapeños

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.