It never ends

• PmB

New livescope transducer

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20220712-110944_Chrome.jpg

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

If you do the 4 interest-free payments you save $0.03. That is the same price I paid for my first boat with a trailer, graph, and motor. Just like everything else. If you want the newest technology, grab your ankles. It would be nice to have. I just can’t swing it. I will be happy to buy the gas to come and check it out on your boat. The technology is so cool.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Looking at the anticipated delivery time, it will be obsolete by then and may go on sale? coffee

JoeMX1825
    MN

it’s just a larger version of the LVS34 (larger size = larger crystals) meant for larger bodies of water (great lakes & offshore) If you have the LVS34, you’re getting the same benefits, just not the increased range…The LVS62 also operates on a much lower frequency range vs the LVS34 (265x550khz vs 530-1,100khz) so in order to get the increased range, it loses alot of image detail including 1/3 the target separation…

Just look at the transducer physical size differences:
    LVS34- 6.4″x3.1″x1.9″
    LVS62- 8.2″x3.98″x2.66″

I think Garmin releases a completely new 2.0 Livescope transducer design in 1-2 years that will require a new black box or the next generation head units that can run them directly, the LVS34 is just a mid-generation version improvement to get through the lean supplychain covid years…

R Petersen

Transducer …ONLY ????
    I do NOT give my money away. I refuse to support a stupidity test.

mojogunter

What does that statement mean? Most of the mid to high end Garmin units do not come with a transducer, so you as the buyer can buy the transducer or transducers that meet your needs. There are so many variables of different transducers. Chirp non chirp, SI, 2D, through hull, transom mount, panoptix, livescope. What exactly is the stupidity test?

Transducer …ONLY ????

JoeMX1825
    MN

Transducer …ONLY ????

for what guys are paying for boats that fish on the great lakes or the ocean do you think a few thousand for the latest transducer means anything???

Deuces

The butthurt over others successes is daunting to me. Someone has the cash to buy one of those things I’m not calling em stupid, I’m offering to bring beer and delicious meat sticks on their boat to come check it out.

ganderpike
    Alexandria

Agreed Beads, love to see it. Ill bring the stogies, I’m sure they have fine taste.

JoeMX1825
    MN

there’s ZERO reason for somebody who already has a LVS32/34 to buy this new transducer…the loss of image quality is a big deal…

The only application I could see it benefit an everyday fisherman (not on the great lakes or ocean) is on the ice scanning for fish as the increased range will be nice, but you’ll also need to drill a 10″ hole for the extra large transducer…

Hey

there’s ZERO reason for somebody who already has a LVS32/34 to buy this new transducer…the loss of image quality is a big deal…

The only application I could see it benefit an everyday fisherman (not on the great lakes or ocean) is on the ice scanning for fish as the increased range will be nice, but you’ll also need to drill a 10″ hole for the extra large transducer…

X2 the LVS32 with updates and 93UHD is still best all around livescope model and best value out there.

I’m with Joe and will wait for the 360 version or the 2.0.

If I’m Great Lakes or lake trout then XR is tempting. If I’m fishing big mn lakes or smaller then the 32 is still a great unit.

I still watch TV with a 15 yr old model and it’s just fine. It’s like spending 4K to watch the old Atari ping pong game. Resolution isn’t a big deal with livescope.

JoeMX1825
    MN

the LVS32 with updates and 93UHD is still best all around livescope model and best value out there.

If you can catch the BPS/Cabelas sale, the Ultra 106 with LVS34 is the new king of Livescope setups imo (while still mantaining some level of portability, the Ultra106/34 portable setup is about 4 lbs heavier than the 93UHD/32 setup)

Remember the LVS34 is still very new and Garmin hasn’t really had a chance to code specifically for it yet, once their developers start focusing soly on the LVS34, you’ll see it start to pull away from the older LVS32…

The increased range and return clarity/target separation are already much better than the LVS32 and Garmin has only had 1 software update since release and that was to mostly fix things…

Attachments:
    1. B4E53783-A7E0-4BC7-8582-DA848CB5EFF4-scaled.jpeg

Jake D
    Watertown, SD

cabelas/bass pro are currently sold out of the 106 combos at 1,000

JoeMX1825
    MN

cabelas/bass pro are currently sold out of the 106 combos at 1,000

yep, but they magically seem to find enough for a new sale every few months…

Hey

The drawback to the 106 is the weight, it draws twice the power then a 93, and it costs 1K more.

Im talking just livescope for comparison.

-The black box does the processing so there is no difference in processing speed between a 93 and 106 for livescope.

-Screen resolution isn’t really a thing with livescope. In fact I think the 93 has a better looking screen in the blue color scheme then the 106.

-9” vs 10” screen. Your not going to miss seeing anything on a 9” that you would see on a 10”.

-Use that 1k in savings to get a brew city or see lite open water mount, summit mount and pole for ice, GMS 10 networking box, networking cables, another 93 UHD unit, rods, reels, whatever…1K can get you lots of nice stuff.

-93 vs 106 your paying 1K to go from 9” to 10” screen. Plus whatever extra in cost for a giant lithium battery if you wanna ice fish with it.

JoeMX1825
    MN

The drawback to the 106 is the weight, it draws twice the power then a 93, and it costs 1K more.

Im talking just livescope for comparison.

-The black box does the processing so there is no difference in processing speed between a 93 and 106 for livescope.

-Screen resolution isn’t really a thing with livescope. In fact I think the 93 has a better looking screen in the blue color scheme then the 106.

-9” vs 10” screen. Your not going to miss seeing anything on a 9” that you would see on a 10”.

-Use that 1k in savings to get a brew city or see lite open water mount, summit mount and pole for ice, GMS 10 networking box, networking cables, another 93 UHD unit, rods, reels, whatever…1K can get you lots of nice stuff.

-93 vs 106 your paying 1K to go from 9” to 10” screen. Plus whatever extra in cost for a giant lithium battery if you wanna ice fish with it.

which is why I specifically noted (if you can catch the BPS/Cabelas Sale)

I owned a 93UHD LS Bundle for a couple of years and recently switched to the 106 for my setup…it’s ALOT better imo, yes it does weigh a bit more, but is there really that big a difference between 20 lbs and 24 lbs? They are BOTH a pita to carry around, the advantages are worth the additional weight imo…I run the 32ah Amped battery, so I never run out of power during a days fishing, so the power usage difference is moot. The battery weigh difference is less than 2 lbs (32NMC vs 19NMC) the size is moot as its an identical size as the stock battery that fits in the case, the 19ah battery is a little thinner but still uses the same garmin case/shuttle slot.
    The screen display increase is alot more than just the indicated 9″ vs 10″ diagonal measurement.

I’m still looking for a definitive answer from Garmin engineers on how Livescope resolution works with different headunit screen resolution…I’ve heard the user reports (Matt Rowan YT Video) that “think” the UHD screens look better for Livescope, but I personally don’t see it, especially with the sharper LVS34…

IF the 1022 wasn’t so wide and fit well in a Ice Bundle case (like Garmin’s) i’d probably give it the nod as best Livescope exclusive setup…

Hey

That’s good you like your 106 set-up. Everyone can choose what’s best for them no right or wrong answer.

I have my garmins networked and can see a side by side comparison of a 93 and 106 on livescope. For me anyway it’s not a big deal whether I’m looking at a 93 or 106 screen for livescope. Doesn’t move the needle one way or another. I’d rather spend the 1K in savings today on upgrading other things.

There is a huge difference however while viewing SI, DI, maps, relief shading, etc in 106 vs a 93. Plus the 106 is way faster processing all the above. My personal opinion is that’s where the 106 shines.

Now all of this is based on getting a $600ish (9) inch touch screen unit. When the 9 inch screens get back to $1200 range then

The 1022 is $1299
    The 106 (no transducer)$1750
    The 1222 is $1999

JoeMX1825
    MN

yeah, the EchoMap 93UHD hasn’t been $599 for a few years now (that’s when I originally got mine) $699 was the discount price last fall and still is accoridng to cabelas.com…After the sale price, discount codes, points and re-selling the GT54 transducer, my 106 only cost me around $800, so for me that was a no brainer to upgrade from the 93UHD, no way would I have paid the current price… I also had plans to make a separate lightweight LVS12 icefishing holehopper setup, but ultimately decided to put those plans on hold…

If you could take a picture of your side-by-side Livescope screens next time out, I’d love to see the display area shown when both are set with the same depth & range.

Are you using the LVS32 or 34?

Hey

I tried to take some pictures yesterday but the glare on the screens made the pics unusable for a comparison.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Out yesterday and i am having the time of my life with LVS ! Catching walleyes in 29 ft of water on a 1/8 oz Fireball Short shank and a fathead . I have the Garmin Ice bundle with a 106 Ultra on the bow and the 93 on stern with gt 54. Was hoping to see some sort of sale on the 34 and box to add a second complete LVS . That way second person would have their own LVS to fish from the stern . It just makes fishing that much more exciting and challenging , especially when you see 24 inch walleyes swim to 4 feet of the bait and decide they don,t want to eat it LOL Watching fish interaction with the lure is almost as fun as actually catching them .

stevenoak

I wonder if anyone could verify or correct a story, I heard in Walker a week after the Muskie tournament. Group of guys in Reeds were talking. One said the guys that won the tournament, had 13 electronic units on their boat. 9 were Live Scope. I can’t imagine, it would be like an Imax walking around the boat. I have never seen it work outside the store. The guy said they claimed they never slowed the boat or picked up a rod. Till they identified a muskie that was big enough to help in the tournament, and they caught over a dozen in 2 days. Have heard a lot of fish stories, but that one blew my mind. Have not retold the story, as parts are hard for me to believe.

Jake D
    Watertown, SD

I have heard that same thing. I think the 9 were livescope Compatible and networked together to see the same thing on all screens. I would guess they only had 2 livescope transducers

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I have heard that same thing. I think the 9 were livescope Compatible and networked together to see the same thing on all screens. I would guess they only had 2 livescope transducers

I read somewhere (don’t know if it is true) that they used an array setup with the transducers to make it more like a 360 set up. Would be no point having 9 screens showing the same thing.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

I do know that late season, one Musky tournament series has banned LVS technology . Slippery slope , what would be banned next ?

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jake D wrote:</div>

I read somewhere (don’t know if it is true) that they used an array setup with the transducers to make it more like a 360 set up. Would be no point having 9 screens showing the same thing.

This is becoming more common. I know a smaller local tournament in Northern WI was won by a boat that utilized 3 seperate livescope rigs with 3 different screens showing a different direction off the boat. One “angler” essentially managed/watched the 2 sides, while the front angler ran the front livescope and trolling motor. They landed 11 fish in 2 days. The next closest boat landed 4.

The fish of 10,000 casts will quickly become the fish of screen time and a few calculated casts.

stevenoak

I watched a Kayak fishing show. They fished a small sleeper river in Virginia that has a good muskie population. They were able to scan bank to bank. On the way up. They identified 5 muskies and caught 3. Marked the other 2 and caught one of them on the way back down river.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

That’s good you like your 106 set-up. Everyone can choose what’s best for them no right or wrong answer.

I have my garmins networked and can see a side by side comparison of a 93 and 106 on livescope. For me anyway it’s not a big deal whether I’m looking at a 93 or 106 screen for livescope. Doesn’t move the needle one way or another. I’d rather spend the 1K in savings today on upgrading other things.

There is a huge difference however while viewing SI, DI, maps, relief shading, etc in 106 vs a 93. Plus the 106 is way faster processing all the above. My personal opinion is that’s where the 106 shines.

Now all of this is based on getting a $600ish (9) inch touch screen unit. When the 9 inch screens get back to $1200 range then

The 1022 is $1299
    The 106 (no transducer)$1750
    The 1222 is $1999

I would rather look at my 106 than my 93 . Do they both do the job ? Absolutely. 106 has a lot more pixels for one ,has way better processor and bigger screen . Both are networked . Hands down prefer the 106 for all day fishing .

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.