It doesn’t make sense to me either.

• John Rasmussen
    Blaine

That’s crazy. WTF really if your carrying a gun your carrying it. The only time my gun would sit out is in my fish house otherwise its on me or stored period.

CaptainMusky

Hope they find out who that idiot is and take their permit to carry away!

big_g
    Isle, MN

OK, this doesn’t make sense on so many levels… the guy “sees” the gun in an area where kids can get access to it… AND HE DOESN’T SAY ANYTHING ? HE JUST GOES ON THE FERRIS WHEEL WITH HIS DAUGHTER ? That’s like seeing a house start on fire and going to get ice cream and see if its still burning when you get back ? I guess it is North Dakota….. doah

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Yep, If they locate who the gun owner is, He should have charges against him, as well as never be allowed to own a firearm again. I know I would have located a store employee right away and stood near the gun until management arrived and secured the firearm. This guy was worried about it enough to call and report it and then go on the news to tell the story, but after seeing it just continued on to the ride and only looked after the ride to see if it was still there. This guy most likely is not a firearm owner himself.

CaptainMusky

AND HE DOESN’T SAY ANYTHING ? HE JUST GOES ON THE FERRIS WHEEL WITH HIS DAUGHTER ?

I found that pretty dang stupid too.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

OK, this doesn’t make sense on so many levels… the guy “sees” the gun in an area where kids can get access to it… AND HE DOESN’T SAY ANYTHING ? HE JUST GOES ON THE FERRIS WHEEL WITH HIS DAUGHTER ? That’s like seeing a house start on fire and going to get ice cream and see if its still burning when you get back ? I guess it is North Dakota….. doah

Big G – Your post beat me to it.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Im reserving my emotional response until I know if it was loaded or not.
    Sounds like someone took it off to ride the ferris wheel. Of course that was stupid and stored unattended was stupid but my gut keeps telling me this guy overreacted.

Gitchi Gummi

I dont think loaded/unloaded changes anything for me. There’s literally aisles full of ammo just steps away. Recipe for a nasty outcome if the wrong person walked by and seized the opportunity. Very irresponsible gun owner, regardless if there was one in the chamber or not. Someone like this should never be able to hold a permit to carry.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I dont think loaded/unloaded changes anything for me. There’s literally aisles full of ammo just steps away. Recipe for a nasty outcome if the wrong person walked by and seized the opportunity. Very irresponsible gun owner, regardless if there was one in the chamber or not. Someone like this should never be able to hold a permit to carry.

Agree.

ganderpike
    Alexandria

I haven’t looked at the legal description but I have to imagine a gun has to be on your person.

Keep in mind ND is a Constitutional Carry state. May be no repercussions.

Gitchi Gummi

I don’t care what state this happened in, that is negligence with a deadly weapon.

CaptainMusky

100% the gun owner is an idiot and the person crying foul is also one for not alerting someone when he had the chance.

Baitwaster
    South metro

My thought is he was told he couldn’t ride with the gun. At that point he should have asked the ride operator “what are my options”. When the gun owner was supposedly told to put it in the cubby, he should have said “no way”. If he still needed to get on the ride, he should have walked it back to the vehicle. Simple solution.

I think this will turn into a “teaching moment” for all scheels employees…

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Gitchi Gummi wrote:</div>

Agree.

x3. Does not make a difference to me if it was loaded or not. Still poor firearm handling.

Jimmy Jones

I stopped at Scheels here in Rochester’s Apache Mall just the other day and as I got out of the van noticed a holstered pistol sitting on the seat of the car next to me. Not being tried to be hidden in any way. Right there in plain sight. While the vehicle appeared to be locked, windows do break quite easily. That’s probably as careless as what’s being chatted about here.

There’s probably more concealed carry people being less than careful with that pistol than we think.

jwellsy

I would bet that Mr ManBun wearing a women’s sweater put an airsoft gun there himself so he could take the picture and claim his victimhood.

Gitchi Gummi

I would bet that Mr ManBun wearing a women’s sweater put an airsoft gun there himself so he could take the picture and claim his victimhood.

needlessly attacking that guy is unnecessary. not sure what you get out of doing that

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I stopped at Scheels here in Rochester’s Apache Mall just the other day and as I got out of the van noticed a holstered pistol sitting on the seat of the car next to me. Not being tried to be hidden in any way. Right there in plain sight.

Aren’t people worried about their weapons being stolen? Sheesh. Put it under the seat or out of sight while you’re away from the vehicle. Takes about 5 seconds.

Jimmy Jones

If I have any gun in the van going to the club to shoot or coming and going hunting, I have it covered with a blanket and I make zero stops until the gun is back home.

I thought the same gim, but also thought whoever may have had to run into another store that bans guns. It would be no problem in Scheels. Still, how long does it take to pop a window, grab and go?

Deuces

I’d imagine there are lots of areas in this nation where fellas can place their guns out in public places and is the norm. Out west, down south, ranching areas, small towns etc, certainly could’ve been from a traveler from those parts just having a good time w his kiddo thinking nothing of it. Alot of unknowns on this one.

It’s scheels in Fargo, not a freaking city mall or valley fair. I’m not saying it’s the wisest thing to do but cripes, ur fellas pitchforks I can see gleaming in the torch light on this one.

Riverrat

I doubt he planted that pistol. The proper stereotype for the guy that left that pistol is a guy that brings his spit bottle into the store and leaves it on a shelf. He’s wearing a cowboy hat that he got off a girl at Wefest 4 years ago. His jeans are embroidered. He’s wearing cowboy boots, but he only owns short socks. His truck may or may not have a flag on it, after all it’s windy in the ND.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Oh no! Call Kare 11

Attachments:
    1. pitchfork-leaning-against-tree-scaled.jpg

Gitchi Gummi

I doubt he planted that pistol. The proper stereotype for the guy that left that pistol is a guy that brings his spit bottle into the store and leaves it on a shelf. He’s wearing a cowboy hat that he got off a girl at Wefest 4 years ago. His jeans are embroidered. He’s wearing cowboy boots, but he only owns short socks. His truck may or may not have a flag on it, after all it’s windy in the ND.

this made me LOL. don’t forget the affliction t shirt

Ripjiggen

It’s scheels in Fargo, not a freaking city mall or valley fair.

Would it make a difference if it was Scheels in Eden Prairie or Rochester?
    Generally curious.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’d imagine there are lots of areas in this nation where fellas can place their guns out in public places and is the norm. Out west, down south, ranching areas, small towns etc, certainly could’ve been from a traveler from those parts just having a good time w his kiddo thinking nothing of it. Alot of unknowns on this one.

It’s scheels in Fargo, not a freaking city mall or valley fair. I’m not saying it’s the wisest thing to do but cripes, ur fellas pitchforks I can see gleaming in the torch light on this one.

Scheels in Fargo can be pretty close to as busy as the city mall. But I guess it’s not my kids who had access to the gun so maybe I shouldn’t care is what I’m guessing your saying.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

Scheels has a Ferris Wheel?
    those things are unsafe.

deertracker

Fargo’s population is 126,748
    West Fargo is 39,478
    Moorhead is 44,668

Sounds like a busy area to me. toast
    DT

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.