It begins

• Hoyt4
    NULL

Mn opener this morning old man tagged out on a nice Tom with his new 20 gauge. 3 came in put on a good show and one stayed behind :). Waiting for pictures still.

Started off with a great spring in NE and this should be just as good in MN this week. Heading out after work

Attachments:
    1. image000000-003.jpg

Justin riegel

Nice bird, I took off friday and will be hunting public ground with my daughter this weekend. It will be here first time out fingers crossed

Aaron Kalberer

Heading out this weekend. Hoping to get one with the bow. Good luck to you and congrats to your dad!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Hunting conditions look pretty ideal starting on Friday.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Bring it on, I will be out at the farm with the bow Saturday chased

Protourbaits1

Got it done in nw Wisconsin at 10:30 this morning. He was almost 24#, beautiful bird! I took today through Friday off to hunt so now I’ll be scouting for fall!

Attachments:
    1. 20190417_110934.jpg

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Nice work all. Hoping to get out next year.

Hoyt4
    NULL

Saturday morning I was able to put my tag on a nice bird. If I did no get to put some scouting time in I would of moved too fast. I knew these bird was going to show up but he never made a peep on roost or the ground. I was able to call in the hens with him following. The hens yelped twice on the ground and that was it. Had other birds gobbling but I knew this guy was around. It was him with 3 Jakes and 3 hens that pretty much stayed by themselves and nothing to do with the larger group of birds.

I was able to see him the Saturday before opener and trail cameras showing he was coming through around 720 each morning. I shot him at 7:15 plan worked out great. 20 Gauge is becoming my favorite gun for turkeys.

He was just a couple oz’s shy of 24lbs. double beard 11inch, spurs 1inch. Some big birds dropping. My dads was 25lbs and Protourbait above 24.

Might head back to NE this weekend see how the week goes. I have WI left for a couple tags.

Attachments:
    1. image000000-003-1.jpg

2. image000000-00A.jpg

Aaron Kalberer

Nice birds guys! I went out with the bow, only heard a couple gobbles while coming off the roost, drew back on what looked to be a jake but could not see any beard so passed. Only bird that offered any sort of shot, no gobbling besides at fly down which made it tough for me.

jigginjim
    Buffalo, MN. USA

I have been buying the archery tags to hunt turkeys, Then I can go from southeast mn. to where every I find them. Now it’s finding time to get out, lot of taxidermy to get done. I have a turkey tail-breast with wings spread going together. Plus the winter walleyes, You can see more of my work on my FB.
    Jiggin Jim Taxidermy Ryks

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I went out for season B. Hunted 5 mornings and 1 evening in zone 510 (directly north of the metro). I saw turkeys every time I went out. On the last day I could go (this morning), 3 toms finally came within range. They popped over a hill from my blind at 60 yards and after one of them took a few steps closer, I took him at 54 yards. I didn’t weight it, but I guess about 20 pounds. It has an 11 inch beard and 1 inch spurs. I saw tons of other wildlife including deer, pheasants, ducks, weasel, coyote, cranes, otter, and even a bobcat.

Attachments:
    1. 2019-turkey.jpg

sticker

There is no more amazing time than being in the woods when the turkeys wake up. Crows, sandhill cranes, geese, ducks, owls. Birds, and turkeys lawmaking their morning wake up sounds. Soooo cool!

fishingchallenged

There is no more amazing time than being in the woods when the turkeys wake up. Crows, sandhill cranes, geese, ducks, owls. Birds, and turkeys lawmaking their morning wake up sounds. Soooo cool!

Couldn’t agree more. I love the woods in the fall, but spring mornings are so much more active!

sticker

Sitting in the woods Sunday morning waiting for tom to show up and my wife sends me this picture from home. A little blurry from the screen on the kitchen window… I’ll be chasing him this week chased

Attachments:
    1. 20190505_075657_1557061121504.jpg

Hoyt4
    NULL

Go get him Sticker.

I will be back in the woods next week hunting.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.