Is Vexilar the new Blackberry?

• hnd

vexilar is just chugging a long fine but I think the jig is up tech wise. Its does what its supposed to no doubt about there is no doubt there is other companies with tech that is surpassing it. Marcum is making an attempt but the reality is that the other manufacturers can crank out the same “tech” and it transition to the boat way easier than an lx6,7,or9. Has anyone ever seen a marcum lcd on someones boat? not likely.

I’m like a lot of guys. I own a 73cv with panoptix and I have a OG helix. But….i use my LX5 95% of the time to fish with. the panoptix is a search tool and the helix actually won’t get used until a 3rd person is with me because the 2nd person is using my VX1.

they are easy to operate and easy to plop down turn on and go.

Ryan Wilson

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>TheFamousGrouse wrote:</div>
    There’s just no price sensitivity in fishing gear, guys will pay whatever. If you like the $800 units, you’re going to LOVE the $1200 units. Coming soon to a store near you.

Well…yes, of course. Just like that Marcum RT-9 that went so well. doah

Speaking of Marcum, this thread follows the similar path that previous one’s did only it was the Vex vs Marcum argument.

Marcum has all but left the building and now it’s another generation of technology to divide us. crazy

As I said before, all of our fishing preferences vary as much as our choices for our equipment.

Could we learn to accept that?

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>B-man wrote:</div>
    Here’s a video of the new Vex model out this year for anyone interested

Anyone else happen to notice this is the same clown who did the K-Drill promotional video? laugh

Probably because Marcum guys don’t need the purchase validation like Vex guys do. I don’t know any Marcum guys that find the need to whip it out and have a measuring contest every time someone mentions a Vex. Just because Marcum guys aren’t shouting from the roof tops doesn’t mean they aren’t still laughing at all of the Vex “purists”…

Slabhunter

I have had the Marcum LX-7 since they came out, completed the upgrades over the years, bought the Lithium Shuttle and I have loved it but am seriously now considering the Garmin Panoptix just because I’ve seen others use it and it is unbelievable, especially for crappies when fishing with a group and one guy running the unit hollering out…”bunch 40ft over at 2 oclock 15 ft down, another bunch at 6 oclock in 35 ft at 25 ft down”…getting too easy in some respects…this will drive limits down IMO, already seeing lower panfish limits in place for this year in my area…which is good.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Probably because Marcum guys don’t need the purchase validation like Vex guys do. I don’t know any Marcum guys that find the need to whip it out and have a measuring contest every time someone mentions a Vex. Just because Marcum guys aren’t shouting from the roof tops doesn’t mean they aren’t still laughing at all of the Vex “purists”…

Somehow I missed your retort here when you posted, but I’m humored now that I came back around to find it.

Uncertain why you quoted me with an indignant response when I was the one who stated this… “As I said before, all of our fishing preferences vary as much as our choices for our equipment.
    Could we learn to accept that?”

I think the funny part is you saying this…”I don’t know any Marcum guys that find the need to whip it out and have a measuring contest every time someone mentions a Vex.”

The funny part is that most all commented their appreciation for the most basic, outdated, low-tech fishing electronic tool still around. Seems they’re just as happy coming up “short” in the “measuring contest”… jester

But hey, even the Vex “purists” are still laughing at the Vexilar/K-Drill promotional videos. wink

Slipbob nick

The ole fl-8 is ready for the ice to start building. Don’t even have to mess with zoom or anything!

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Vexilar—-the Yamaha of ice fishing electronics.
    99.9% dependable everytime.

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.